*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323620-Some-People
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2323620
Flash Fiction
Some People

“Did you take my peanuts?” Dan asked.

Kenny laughed, “Is this a joke? Ok, yes, I took them!”

“Give them back!”

“What? I thought this was a joke…”

“It’s not a joke!”

“Well, I didn’t take any nuts!”

“You just said you did!”

“But I thought it was a joke.”

“What?”

“A joke! Like you ask me something and I say a stupid answer and you laugh, and I laugh… a joke.”

“It isn’t a joke, my peanuts are missing, and I want them back!”

“Well, don’t look at me!”

“Who else? There’s nobody else around.”

“That you can see…”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Someone stole your peanuts, I’m here, you don’t see anyone else, so you think it must have been me.”

“Pretty logical I think…”

“But there could have been someone else, and when they saw you coming, they hid. What do you think of that?”

“Where would they hide? We can see all the way to the parking lot from here. All there is, is a scrawny tree and a couple bushes.”

“Well, maybe it was a big bird and it took your peanuts up in the tree.”

Dan sighed, “Fine, you didn’t take them. I don’t know who or what took them, I shouldn’t have left them on the ground.”

“The ground?”

“Yes, next to the tree,” he pointed to the tree.

“I know who took them!”

“Who? Some animal who lives in that little tree?”

“No, some animal who lives in that hole next to the tree.”

“There’s a hole?” he ran over. “Crap! OK, I’m sorry. I don’t know what lives there. I’m going home, I’m hungry. See you tomorrow.” Off he went.

Kenny smiled, pulling the bag of peanuts out of his pocket. “I’m getting pretty good at this,” he thought.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323620-Some-People