*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326413-Chapter-11
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2326413
Dark Society
One after another, Alex regarded expressions as Karen's timbre resounded. Moreover, it stood clear that the attraction between she and Luis had remained strong.

“Hey you,” she continued, greeting Alex with a delicate embrace.

Next, Karen narrowed on Luis as he offered Alex suggestive glances.

“Are you taking law?” Alex posed, hoping to divert Karen's attention.

“Of course,” she replied, noting the disdain on Luis's face.

Like always, Karen seemed provocative, but Luis wouldn't humor a confrontation. Not the less, anxieties grew as she moved closer.

“Would you mind if we had a minute?” Karen asked of Alex.

Anxiously, he glared into Luis's eyes.

“Uh, I suppose so,”

Ultimately, Alex didn't want to leave them alone, but with everything, she intended to speak her mind.

“I need to say something, then, if you never want to see or talk to me again, I'll understand,”

“You don't have to explain,” Luis interjected.

Instantly, Karen's expression changed.

“You have resentment, and I understand, but moving away wasn't my decision.”

Surprisingly, Luis didn't interrupt because he needed to hear her side.

“When you're fifteen, and your parents impose their will, you do what they want,”

Remembering that, Luis scowled, thinking of Jessica.

“I can only imagine,” he stated. “Though, you're an adult now, so you won't have to worry.”

Pondering, Karen groaned.

“Even so, I'm sorry you feel hurt, but there wasn't anything I could do,”

Agreeably, Luis nodded.

“Thank you for saying that, and I'm glad you're doing well,”

Right away, Karen seemed agitated as she motioned Alex over.

“Call me later,” she suggested, before heading inside.

Nodding, Alex agreed.

“It's good to see you again,” she admitted to Luis with an elusive stare.

“You too,” he replied, straining to make eye contact.

Cautiously, Alex drew near, appearing apprehensive.

“That wasn't awkward,”

From there, Luis sheltered as Karen occupied the doorway, glaring.

“Is she watching?”

Instantly, Alex sneered.

“Surprised?”

Luis laughed and shook his head.

“It's good to see her anyway,”

“You handled yourself well.” Alex expressed as he and Luis headed to the car.

“Thanks, but I'm surprised she's alone,”

Alex concurred.

“As you know, the sisters are close, but it's Luen making the decisions,”

Luis gathered his keys.

“Nothing's changed,”

That said, Alex groaned.

“Not at all, but she's been through a lot, so I have a lot of respect for her,”

“In any event,” Luis remarked. “What do you say we forget all this and hit the beach?”

Finally, as the boys departed, Karen occupied the curb, watching. Yet, unbeknownst to either Alex or Luis, she wasn't alone.

“That didn't go as expected.” Dena indicated as Sienna and Lesley arrived.

Seething, Karen blazoned a sinister lour.

“It's not over,”
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326413-Chapter-11