*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326415-Chapter-12
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Mystery · #2326415
Dark Society
For countless senilities, England stood regarded as a radical, nonconformist nation. That is why the vast ethnic disparities and unwarranted scowls weren't unusual. Not the worse, Sabrina and Tatum occupied the afternoon exploring the city, and following hours of sightseeing, they retreated to the dorms.

“It's quite eloquent,” Sabrina declared, observing the gated entryway.

“Imagine,” Tatum added, drawing nearer. “It's home for the next few years,”

Incrementally, Sabrina moved forth.

“For you anyway,”

Straight away, Tatum frowned.

“What's that supposed to mean?”

Peering over the shoulder, Sabrina smirked.

Sixty-three Evelyn Gardens is a freshman dorm minutes from Imperial's campus. And though seeing it for the first time felt elating, the excitement promptly subsided. Adding to that, no one expected them, so they'd have to find their own way around.

Many a time, Tatum's unabated simper wasn't unexpected, because for her meeting Sabrina was like catching a distilled breath. In other words, the idea of having such a relatable friend felt reassuring, and she didn't want to lose the camaraderie.

“Don't worry,” she asserted, grinning. “You're stuck with me,”

Instantly, Tatum beamed.

“I like that idea,”

Hand in hand, they entered the dormitory. Where, the panoramic views and striking pieces of evocative sculpture instantly stood out.

“It's incredible,” Tatum observed, praising the works.

Meandering, Sabrina laughed.

“I reckon you haven't seen many villas,”

“Not this week anyway,” Tatum joked, closing the lift gate.

Shoulder to shoulder, the girls reviewed their dockets and found they'd sadly have separate rooms. On this ground, as the elevator reached the second level, the hunt started.

“I know they're on this floor somewhere,” Tatum professed, stepping forth.

“I tell you what,” Sabrina posed, exiting. “You go that way, and I'll go this way, and we'll meet on the other side,”

Thereupon, they parted and began scouring. Thankfully, for as tiresome as the task sounded, it wasn't presumed to take long. In which case, Sabrina proceeded to review several correspondences from her mother. And despite being crude in composition, the sentiment remained clear.

“The trawling isn't the same,” a caption read under a recent picture of her and Tim angling together.

Placing a hand over her mouth, Sabrina wept, since this was one of many nudges neither wanted to forget. From there, Sabrina strove to center, though she'd soon stand startled.

“I'm sorry,” a young woman asserted, flinching. “I didn't mean to frighten you.”

Promptly, Sabrina displayed the darkest expression of discontent.

“I'm Lyndsey,” she greeted. “Lyndsey Graham,”

“Sabrina Kole,” she answered. “My friend Tatum and I are attempting to locate our quarters.”

Lindsey shivered while guiding digits through her wine-red hair.

“Pleased to meet you,” she retorted solemnly. “What numbers are you looking for?”

Slowly, Sabrina retrieved a key.

“Twenty-three and twenty-four,”

Cautiously, Lindsey pointed.

Then and there, Sabrina glanced over her shoulder and observed the room numbers.

“Good job,” she mumbled. “Excellent first impression.”

Easing, Lindsey laughed.

“Don't feel embarrassed, we've all been there.”

Suddenly, Tatum rounded the corner.

“There you are,” she announced, advancing. “I'm lost, and you're schmoozing.”

“This is Tatum,” Sabrina clarified, gazing upon Lyndsey.

Closely, Tatum noted the sudden change in Sabrina's demeanor. An expression she'd seen many times when someone appeared irritated. Aside from that, there'd soon be another overt reason for the attitude.

“Americans don't often attend this university,” Lyndsey confessed.

“Why's that?” Sabrina questioned, squinting.

“As you know, there are many prestigious institutions in America, so it's unusual for anyone to travel so far for school,”

After the statement, Tatum again regarded Sabrina's expression and aimed to change the subject.

“So, these are our rooms over here?” she interjected, stepping across the hall.

Gradually, Lindsey receded towards her door.

“They are,” she told. “Incidentally, you should get settled quickly if you're taking in the sights,”

“Been there, done that, but thanks for the help anyway,” Tatum spoke, smiling.

“You're welcome,” Lyndsey rebutted. “One more thing, our other housemates - Kyle, Logan, Jasmine, and Trina - should be home soon. Mostly, they spend their days studying, but show up now and again.”

“Typical college students?” Sabrina suspected.

“Yeah,” Lyndsey echoed. “They're quite personable, so you should make friends fast.”
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326415-Chapter-12