*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326431-Chapter-22
Rated: E · Chapter · Arts · #2326431
Dark Society
Moving forward, Tatum and Lyndsey grew enamored with witchcraft. In a similar way, due to the alliance with Karen, Lyndsey was now obligated to the synagogue. Notwithstanding the fact, as the number of adherents grew, there remained one oddity; Sabrina. The only one who never merited attention, but held everyone captivated.

As time went on, friends often mocked such adoration, though Sabrina seemed to embrace it. Nevertheless, friends considered the disparity unusual, not aware she stood afflicted and seeking direction. Since this began, Sabrina frequently pondered the encounter with Jennifer, eager to discover the significance. Until then, she fixed on the future, since getting any answers seemed impossible. (Another contingency she felt compelled to concede).

First and foremost, Sabrina yearned to return home and reunite with her parents. And though friends sympathized, they couldn't curb the yearning. For better or worse, housemates continued to reach out, frantic to render support. And yet, Sabrina inevitably stayed alone, tucked up under an inherited Afghan.

It's no mystery, English winters were harsh, which only fueled the longing for home. Similarly, while reminiscing, tears flowed as the ache of absence recurrently surged. In which case, Sabrina needed to disclose these anxieties to her parents. And as Julia answered, a warm grin eased any doubts.

“Hi baby,” Julia spoke, beaming.

“Hi Mom,” Sabrina murmured, sobbing. “I miss you,”

“What time is it there?”

“About eleven,”

Slowly, Julia pitched forth.

“What's wrong?”

Naturally, Sabrina struggled to justify previous encounters due to the lingering ills of the ascension.

“Everything's getting worse,” Sabrina proclaimed, leaning in.

Instinctively, Julia appeared muddled.

“How do you mean?”

Right away, she tensed and exhaled.

“Visions, tremors, and unexplainable blackouts,”

From nowhere, Tim reposed beside Julia.

“How's my beautiful daughter?”

Happily, Sabrina beamed.

“Hi Dad; I miss you,”

Grinning, Tim drew close.

“I miss you too, and I hope you're still coming home,”

“Around the 23rd or 24th,”

Like usual, Julia quickly noticed her daughter's ambivalence.

“What else?”

Again and again, Sabrina's look shifted between the bathroom and her hands. Uncertain if what she'd experienced was another vision or something more tangible.

“Mom,” she stated. “The apparitions are also getting more vivid,”

That said, Julia felt uneasy, but aimed to facilitate her daughter's understanding.

“Go on,”

“I can't explain it,” she elaborated. “Other than, they're vibrant spirits, attempting to reach out.”

Gradually, Julia eased.

“They?”

Unsurprisingly, Sabrina paused, giving her parents space to articulate the seriousness.

“I don't know their names, but I see them often,”

Gingerly, Tim and Julia clasped hands, recognizing the reference.

“They speak to you?” Tim questioned, squinting.

“Not exactly,” Sabrina professed. “Although, they sound eager and accepting,”

Sluggishly, Julia grunted.

“When was the last time?”

Sabrina shrugged.

“It's been a while,” she returned. “Albeit, when we connect, things are better.”

Anxiously, Julia adjusted.

“I know you're scared,” she specified. “But, I told you before; there'll be changes.”

Sabrina leaned forth.

“Yes, but what do I do?”

“Come home,”
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326431-Chapter-22