*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326433-Chapter-23
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Erotica · #2326433
Dark Society
As evening drew near, Tatum sat exhausted, and she was yet to sleep. But while preparing for bed, there was an unexpected knock on the door.

“Who is it?”

“Are you kidding?” a familiar voice rang out as she opened the door.

“Hey,” Lyndsey asserted, “Got a minute?”

On that note, Tatum moved aside, and Lyndsey retreated to the sofa, staring.

“What?”

From left field, Lyndsey twinkled.

“Nothing,”

Moment later, Tatum sat alongside.

“Where are Kyle and Logan? And, for that matter, Trina and Jasmine?”

Lyndsey ogled.

“Taking a break; I hate to ask, have you spoken to Sabrina?”

Gradually, Tatum recoiled.

“Not recently, why?”

At first, Lyndsey felt shocked, knowing Sabrina and Tatum often spoke. Now therefore, she'd remain skeptical of their association.

“I thought she was traveling home,”

Like a shot, Tatum gawked.

“She didn't mention any holiday plans,”

“No?” Lyndsey questioned. “Kind of weird, don't you think?”

Increasingly, Tatum gawked toward the adjacent apartment.

“No, not really,”

In good part, Lyndsey expected the hesitation, knowing Tatum's tendencies. (An accepted aspect of identifying with her and Sabrina). Contrarily, Tatum seemed distressed because Sabrina hadn't confided in her. And yet, she didn't allow such matters to derail the spirit.

“Karen's mentoring you?”

Predictably, Lyndsey chuckled and relaxed.

“I guess so,” she echoed. “In the aspects of occultism and tarots,”

Time and again, Tatum drifted off, thinking of Sabrina. Invariably, she was an advocate of divination, but unlike others, something darker existed.

Perching forth, Lyndsey patted Tatum on the thigh.

“Pay attention, will you?”

Straight away, she shifted and laughed.

“I'm sorry, you were saying,”

“I thought you were learning from Sabrina,”

Unsurprisingly, the statement seized attention.

“A few things,” Tatum admitted. “Though, she holds other facets sacred,”

“Have you ever asked why?”

Abruptly, Tatum groaned.

“It's not like I don't want to know,” she explained. “Although, it's the way she does things,”

Steadily, Lyndsey moved closer, and because she'd done it before, Tatum initially thought nothing of it. Even though, based on her posture, it seemed like a flirtatious gesture.

“I know what you're thinking, and I expect it,” Lyndsey confessed. “But, you're not like other girls,”

Instantly, Tatum felt puzzled.

“What's that supposed to mean?”

“You look like a cheerleader,” Lyndsey expressed. “And yet, you fancy studying witchcraft.”

Steadily, Tatum adjusted.

“I guess I have Sabrina to thank for that,” she clarified. “After all, she explains things in a way that's easy to understand,”

Lyndsey twisted and stared.

“I wish Karen saw it that way,”

“Unfortunately, you're not a sister of the church, and that's what matters,”

For the time being, Lyndsey stood enamored, but considering everything, it's the time of year when tender relations often began. Leaving aside, after weeks of tension and many sleepless nights, everyone needed a break.

Of late, such aspects were factors of daily life at Imperial University. Though, for the housemates of Evelyn Gardens, things had changed for the worst. To sum up, some acclimated, while others segregated, but with Sabrina, there was always something more.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326433-Chapter-23