*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076146-Life-shook-me-a-bit-but-now-Im-grateful
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1227752
I am finding my stride and living life in a world filled with chaos and change.
#1076146 added September 3, 2024 at 12:14am
Restrictions: None
Life shook me a bit, but now, I'm grateful




For the day 2 entry, the question asked, "What was an earth shattering Life and Death situation that took place in your life? What happened, and how did it change you?

Well, quite unexpectedly, this past summer, I experienced a shift in my world when I during a surgery, the surgeon made an error with my surgery, and I nearly passed away. I spent two weeks in the hospital fighting for my life and learned more about my spouse and my children, about the love that we have for one another during this time.

This was my first surgery apart from my children's births and I had delayed any female surgeries for years, only recently deciding that I should agree to have this surgery. And once I did, not only was this surgery not normal but it grew complicated by the surgical error that nearly took my life.

This rocked my life. It rocked my husband's life as he was stretched in ways and I found out what was most important in my life in a matter of days.

I found myself regarding my life differently once I learned I was this close to death. Fortunately, the surgeons were very motivated to work on my care. The original surgeon spent most of his days apologizing for this mistake, even though I never asked him to apologize. I felt gratitude. I felt indebted to my God for keeping me here a bit longer. I felt more love for the goodness my husband was in my life. For our children who called me daily to ensure that I was still here.
I am keenly aware of how fragile life is. Life swerved for me, and I barely survived.

However, I am so grateful to be here. I am grateful for our children,  for our grandchildren, who are precious to me.

Life is precious to me. I am going to enjoy it and do more.

© Copyright 2024 Simply Adore ♥ (UN: mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Adore ♥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076146-Life-shook-me-a-bit-but-now-Im-grateful