*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203702-Cleaning-Up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
#203702 added November 4, 2002 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Cleaning Up
I called up a bath from the innkeeper, who was a good friend of mine. In a few minutes there was a knock as three boys came in carrying a huge tin washbasin followed closely by countless young maids carrying wooden pails filled with hot water. They all did their jobs, and I waved them off quickly, not wanting to engage in any conversation right now, but instead all I wanted to do was climb into that bathtub and clean the grime off of me. I quickly undressed and slid slowly into the hot steaming water, letting the heat soothe my aching muscles. I just lay in the bath for a long time, and then rigorously began cleaning my body, using the rough soap provided in the towels the maids had brought. I lathered up, and my mind began to wander. I started thinking about what had happened to me since I had decided like an idiot to make Malkanen’s deal. I pulled out my special rose-scented soap for my hair, and thoroughly massaged all the dirt and grime out of my hair, loving the feel. I rinsed my hair out, and since the bath water was getting cold at this point, I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. Crouching down by the basin, I threw in my clothes I had been wearing, and scrubbed them clean then laid out to dry by the fireplace. Looking in my pack, I realized I only had one choice to wear down to dinner tonight. Tonight I was going to play the lady. I pulled out the gown and set it lovingly across the bed. It had always been my favorite and I just couldn’t bear to part with it. Out of my bag I pulled out all of the underclothes that I would need, such as my chemise, petticoats and corset then proceeded to dress myself.
When I was finished, I took a look in the full-sized mirror provided to me. That was one extravagance McHurdley couldn’t live without. He liked to look at himself and figured everyone else did as well. Looking at myself in the mirror I was surprised at what I saw. It wasn’t what I was used to, but I liked the way I looked in it. I could almost pass for a highborn lady. The gown was pale lavender with lacy white sleeves. The only things that I didn’t have were slippers. I still wore my worn calfskin boots on my feet, but I tried to hide them underneath my gown. I left my wavy chestnut colored hair down, letting it fall gracefully down my back. My friend the innkeeper ran a respectable business, so I wouldn’t look out of place in my new clothing. Walking sedately, I made my way down the stairs to the pub to get something to eat and drink before I went to sleep.

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203702-Cleaning-Up