*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695386-In-This-Moment
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#695386 added May 6, 2010 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
In This Moment......
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Sunflower
Once standing tall,
Life complete
Wither away
To be born
Another time
From seeds you shed in your youth.


A beautiful morning really...snow has been falling, and it's left a beautiful blanket all around. It almost seems like there is a silence that is deafening. In this moment, as I sit here, I am reflecting on yesterdays events...how lovely it was...the Sun was shining so bright. The air was cool, but not chilling. I had some things to do, and decided to sidetrack myself here and head on over to Wyoming to visit my friend Laura there in NewCastle. A nice ride, but I noticed going through Hell's Canyon, that there was such a huge forest fire a few years back that left it almost bare, but if you look real close....through the ashes that still remain there, you can see new life. It was a reminder to me that even through the ashes of a disaster, there are seeds of opportunity. There is a balance in all of life...including yours. There is gain...there is loss. People do not like to deal with loss, however. I guess it stems from the ego, but just like in nature...things are taken away for a reason and in its own good time. There are universal laws that goes for everyone and everything.
If you think about it...people, in general do not really like to grow old. They do everything they can to remain young. These are just natural cycles of life...in all of life, and we have to accept it. Embrace it even. Believe it or not...you are protected in this Plan and rather than kicking and screaming through life's cycles and it's natural events of loss and gains, it may be better to let go and find a calm within you through the knowledge that everything is as it's supposed to be. To say it plain and simple...I am dying, but so are you (I know that's a harsh reality for some to read that)...I remember someone said to me a while back when we heard the news of an elder getting the news of only 6 months to live..."So what do you do when you are told you are dying?" My response was..."You continue to live!...so why not live in this moment, for that is all you are guaranteed...Now.
Wishing you peace in these moments given. *Heart*


My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695386-In-This-Moment