*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772003-Why-am-I-dreading-this
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#772003 added January 18, 2013 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Why am I dreading this?
My granddaughter's wedding is on February 23rd. Social situations make me nervous. They didn't used to because I always had Jim beside me for strength, for someone to talk to, for calmness, for love. Now I have to go alone. They have begged me to come the night before and join in the festivities...but I can't. When I start to think about it, my throat starts to close up, I can hear ocean waves in my ears, and my head seems full of...something.

The wedding is 70 miles away so I'll have a long drive alone to get there. I still have to shop for a new something to wear and am dreading that too. I get so mad at myself, I should be ecstatic about this, my granddaughter and her beau starting their life together.

One of her bridesmaids is having a wedding shower for her next Saturday so I have to shop for a present like NOW. Thank goodness for registries because my brain is just not working right lately.

Just one foot in front of the other with no planning ahead...so not like me...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772003-Why-am-I-dreading-this