*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823349-Bright-and-Sunny
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#823349 added July 23, 2014 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
Bright and Sunny
It rained yesterday evening (very hard) but this morning's walk was beautiful with just a tiny bit of coolness to the air. Mockingbirds were diving for bugs, crows were investigating new debris, and a lone armadillo walked across the street about a hundred feet in front of me. Whew! He didn't even stop and look, just kept on truckin'.

My critique group met at my house yesterday, and we had a wonderful few hours. I can't believe how well we all communicate with a 30-year age span, and such a diversity of interests. Of course, our common interest of writing brings us together, words and cookies and tea *Smile*.

My new neighbors have turned out to be extremely quiet, not at all what I expected from two young boys and a dog (Roscoe, a bulldog). We've only spoken a couple of times and waved several times. They seem to be gone when I am outside.

There's not much progress yet on the new house going up at the back of my development. Lots of dirt (sand) has been dumped and smoothed (and compacted, I assume) for the foundation, but that's about it. A tractor and backhoe sit and watch. And I hope the displaced wildlife have found new homes...without tractors and backhoes *Smile*.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823349-Bright-and-Sunny