*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830287-On-Re-Reading-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#830287 added October 7, 2014 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
On Re-Reading Books
Welcome to Talent Pond's Blog Harbor. The safe place for bloggers to connect.


The book I've read the most number of times is...

ASIN: 0681319208
Amazon's Price: $ 179.95


This is not the actual book I have. It must be out of print. Mine was given to me for my eighteenth birthday by my college roommate...and the dust jacket is long gone. It is a Modern Library copy. The times I have opened this book to read are uncountable. I attribute it to fascination with the author as well as the content. Poe's life was a mystery, especially his death, and up until just a few years ago, that mystery was carried on by an admirer. For over seventy years on January 19th on Poe's birthday and in the dark of night, Poe was toasted with a glass of cognac by his admirer, who then left roses on his grave. Death is most likely the reason for the end of this relationship.

One of my very favorite stories is A Man of the Crowd  . I, like Poe, love to observe people, and as this story begins, the reader thinks this is what the story is about. Poe is the only writer who can draw me into a story without actually divulging anything of a plot. His writing is so succinct, it's like he has you by the throat from the very first word. Read for yourself and see. You may be surprised to know I am not a fan of horror, but I cannot resist Edgar Allan Poe!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830287-On-Re-Reading-Books