*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835094-Just-a-few-words
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#835094 added November 29, 2014 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
Just a few words...
Just got home from grocery shopping and recovering from sticker shock. I did splurge a little (I thought) on special things I want to make for the holidays...but jeez! I did not buy any of the red and white flowers because they are poisonous to Mopsy but the poinsettias were beautiful. The Christmas tree vendor was already up and running near my Publix. The Salvation Army person was ringing her bell and wishing everyone a "Merry Christmas" as they passed by to enter the store. Yup, Christmas is coming.

One of my granddaughters got me a baking dish for my birthday. It's especially for a round of cheese so after looking up some recipes, I got a 7oz. wheel of Camembert and a jar of red pepper jelly...very easy...just warm the Camembert for 15 minutes or so at 350 F and plop some jelly in the center when you take it out. Dig in with crackers, crusty bread, or breadsticks. Has anyone had this? I've never tasted red pepper jelly so I opened it and it smells like.....red peppers, a little vinegary, a little sweet.

Everything is so bleak-looking outside. We had an early early frost for Florida and my green grass is now a light earthy brown. On the good side, it should make the citrus sweeter. I am eyeing those grapefruit hanging over my back fence *Smile*.

Someone nearby is using a circular saw; I hear the screech and whine. That's what Jim might be doing if he were here. I can almost smell the sawdust...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835094-Just-a-few-words