*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846403-Bowling-in-Bowling-Green
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#846403 added April 9, 2015 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
Bowling in Bowling Green?
         This week I was in Bowling Green Ky to deliver a class.  I had ONE student!  Had to smile about that.  I got a phone call Monday night after I arrived there, from the manager of the local Motorola Service Shop.  He had a problem on the system I was teaching on this week, one I'd not seen before.  But I sent an e-mail to a mailing list I'm a member of, and got a couple of good pointers.  As a result, I went in Tuesday morning, and we had the problem fixed in less than an hour.  Nice way to meet a new customer and establish yourself in their eyes, huh.

         The week was uneventful, other than my student asking a lot of questions.  So many, that I finally had to tell him that I needed to deliver the class, and most of his questions would be answered.  So we did, and had plenty of time for hands on activities at the site.  Overall, he seemed pretty satisfied.

         After class was done today, I went south into Tennessee to get some Yuengling Beer.  A couple of friend love that, and it's not sold in Illinois.  I was less than 20 miles from Mammoth Cave too, so thought I'd visit it.  I do try to visit the National Parks when I can, and hadn't been to this one yet.  Having toured Carlsbad Caverns a couple of years ago, I have to say I was disappointed at what you could see on the basic tour.  Mammoth Cave is the largest known cave system in the world.  It's not been completely explored yet, but more than 400 miles have been explored to date.  I was disappointed in that you didn't get to see very much for the basic entry fee, being able to walk maybe 1/2 mile into the cave.  Of course there are other packages you can get, but it was late afternoon, they were all sold out, and I needed to get going.  But I didn't see the Stalagmites and Stalactites I saw in the Carlsbad Caverns.  The cave itself is impressive, just from the sheer size if nothing else.  But I thought Carlsbad was more impressive with what you see there.

         Til next time, about a month from now when I'll be in Charleston SC, y'all be good, keep writing your stories and poems, and enjoy the warm weather!

Jim

© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846403-Bowling-in-Bowling-Green