*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916627-Captivating-Caracas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#916627 added August 2, 2017 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
Captivating Caracas
Day 2, Caracas, Venezuela!
          Wow, I actually held my breath in awe as we landed at Simon Bolivar Airport in Caracas, Venezuela today. The aerial view is a glorious blur of greens, blues, and a sleek city scape.
         I only had a brief moment o toss my luggage in my room before I was swept up in a day-long tour of this teeming metropolis. It is a sleek city. Impressive towers rise from the streets. The Plaza Bolivar is striking with its Caracas Cathedral. Bolivar's birthplace is a lovely colonial house stuffed with great art. My eyes feasted. I'm sure I heard all of us oohing and aahing.
          The cable car ascent to the top of Avila mountain was breathtaking, literally. It reminded me of Scaredy Kitti 's dramatic boat reactions in Europe. She squeezed her eyes tight, and gripped the railings with white knuckled hands. We were only too happy to describe what she was missing. What a contrast for our hungry tourist eyes! We could fully appreciate the scope, the magnitude of Caracas from this angle. It is a bustling, modern mega city. We viewed the Avila National Park which separates this city from the Caribbean Sea. What a breathtaking vista. How many words are there to portray blues and greens? Everything was so lush and lovely.
          Our wonderful day was capped with a fantastic meal at the Pestana Lounge Caracas. Again, we filled more than our rumbling stomachs. Caracas sparkled and shone with a gazillion diamond lights that twinkled and beckoned. Against this fairy tale backdrop we relaxed and chatted. Sally and Spookifish 👻 reminded me this is known as a chin wag. We couldn't stop ourselves! Not once did we feel endangered , or threatened today. Apondia kept us away from any potential protests.
         Feeling a wee bit tipsy from the sightseeing, jet lag, and incredible, seductive wine, I sauntered back to our hotel, the JW Marriott to partake in a soothing swim under the sizzling stars. I could learn to enjoy this travelling...

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916627-Captivating-Caracas