*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2327636-Grill-a-Christian
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2327636
A writing contest exploring the toughest questions. Christian moderation-all welcome.
INTRODUCTION

This is a writing contest to explore the toughest questions. Every month I will post a provocative question and I promise to provide a review for each submission. The winners of each month's contest will also receive a 25K Award icon, The Runner-up will get a 10K Award icon if there are more than three entries. This competition works with an essay format but I am quite flexible on that. If you think that a story or poem will answer the questions better then use those.

RULES & GUIDLELINES

*Bullet* Word Limit:2000 words and should be submitted in a bitem format. I prefer essays, but stories and poems will also be accepted if relevant.
*Bullet* Entries must not be edited after the last day of the month to qualify.
*Bullet* Please post your bitem entries in the prompt thread.
*Bullet* Entries must answer or at least wrestle with the question posted to receive a review.
*Bullet* The prompt and word count should be included at the foot of the submission.
*Bullet* While I welcome Bible quotes and indeed quotes from other religious texts you will need to situate these in a literary context that demonstrates you know what they mean and in a way that is relevant to your response to the question. I am not going to accept 'undigested proof-texting' and you will be marked down if that is your approach.
*Bullet* Similarly if you quote theological, historical, scientific or philosophical experts you will need to be able to explain why they are relevant and show that you understand what they were saying. Please no quote dumping. I am interested in what you think and feel about the questions, not in your attempts to rehash other people's approaches.
*Bullet* You can lose up to two stars for badly edited work. The other three stars are focused on the substance of what you say.
*Bullet* Go easy on the use of AI when trying to answer the question. Ultimately AI has no soul nor indeed a physical context, but you have both body and soul and a history that is unique to yourself. I am interested in your reflections on these questions and what they mean to you. AI might alert you to the important issues but on questions as important as these only your voice matters.

OCTOBER PROMPT:

What does it mean to you to say that God exists or does not exist?

It is impossible to prove whether God exists or not and a futile waste of time to try and use reason or science in the effort to do so. This conviction is held, or not held, by faith, or the lack of it. However, it is a meaningful question to ask what the implications of God’s existence or non-existence are. God, in this exercise, is referred to as an infinite, eternal, almighty, all-knowing Being that created, sustains and will hold to account your existence. If He exists or does not exist what changes?

GENEROUS DONORS

4 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 1 · per page   < >
by LightinMind  •  10-14-24 @ 11:28 am
by Tegs  •  10-14-24 @ 11:17 am
by dogpack howling & prowling  •  10-10-24 @ 7:20 pm
by LightinMind  •  10-11-24 @ 4:57 am

Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/2327636-Grill-a-Christian