*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1195527
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Educational · #988545
Detective "Bird" is your source for all things made new again through research!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 2, 2006 at 11:24pm
Re: Merlin, Mordred, Morgan......
My great thanks to the two "crazy reviewers" of Scribblers Fantasy Writer Forum (SFWF, for short, I think I have that right?) for bringing me up to date on some Arthurian literature for my musty 'ol library.

Merlin is indeed a formidible character for expanded literature. Often, I think Merlin's hand in things is the true gem authors go about exploring when creating their own takes on the Arthurian legends. Even different worlds that authors undertake often owe a thread to the ancient stories that we credit as Arthurian.

Tolkien himself I'm sure would not deny the rich British tales influence on his own Middle Earth history. A king brought forth from obscurity, apparent lowliness, yet with a true royal pedigree to lead men into a new Age (It could be Arthur or Aragorn) - and a long-lived wizard to counsel with, who wanders off on his own matters and leaves you to sort things out for good or ill (Why, that could be Merlin or Gandalf)!

Follow Walkinbird

When the final light is extinguished –
Recognize the next available Source in the darkness ** Image ID #897589 Unavailable **

SigArtist MySoftHeart ** Image ID #924786 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
Merlin, Mordred, Morgan...... · 01-02-06 12:49pm
by FantasyTeen
*Star* Re: Merlin, Mordred, Morgan...... · 01-02-06 11:24pm
by Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892
Re: Re: Merlin, Mordred, Morgan...... · 01-03-06 3:35am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Merlin, Mordred, Morgan...... · 01-17-06 11:51am
by Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1195527