*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1020588-Random-Shrinkage/cid/2652335-Approaching-the-Colossus
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Teen · #1020588
You choose the shrinking!
This choice: Cassie stays at the towel, and Matt walks to her  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Approaching the Colossus

    by: Unknown
Your whole world changes right before your eyes. What was once a scenic view of rolling waves, sandy hills, and the city beyond has transformed into a stony wasteland of rocks and boulders. You recognize these basketball-sized stones as the fine grains of sand dispersed throughout the beach. A dark shadow sprawls out all around you, forming from the giant, splintered wall towering next to you. As you look up at the massive barrier, you recognize its features. Slats hundreds of feet wide shoot up into the sky, with a thick steel bar rolling across it at the very top. With horror, the whole picture comes together in your head. This is the once knee-high chest that you had just opened. Your mind is in a daze. You can't be taller than a millimeter! How is that even possible?

You've no time to consider the mind-bending physics of the situation as a series of rumbles shakes the unsteady ground you stand on. The rumbles rise in intensity, growing as powerful as a devastating earthquake. The grains of sand around you shake and bounce from the thunderous rumble, threatening to bury you deep into the sand. You struggle for several seconds, desperately trying to keep your head above the sand, when the quakes mercifully stop as quickly as they had come. Curiously, you turn your half-buried body around towards the source of the strange event.

Two massive, tanned pillars stand before you, stretching upwards and converging a mile above you. Further up, the colossal structure forms into a curvy figure, climbing ever skyward and supporting the head of a sexy brunette. Your girlfriend Cassie has returned, carrying your portable stereo in one hand and gazing out across the beach. You'd considered yourself lucky for getting such a knockout beauty, but from this perspective her features take on a whole new level of awe-inspiring. Her bronzed skin glistens from the sun's rays, casting an almost statuesque reflection of light across her perfect body. The endless fabric of a pink bikini wraps tightly around her waist and not-so-modest chest. In this rocky wasteland of nothing, here she stands a mighty goddess surveying her domain with her emerald green eyes.

"Matt!?" she calls out, her deafening voice ringing boisterously in your ears. "Matt, where did you go?" She spins around, far faster than something her size should be able to, trying to find you.

"Cassie!" you call up to her, waving your arms. "Look down here! I've shrunk! Look down!" You almost laugh at yourself for the feeble attempt. Though it may only be a few steps in reality, from your perspective she may as well be miles away from you. You can only hope that she somehow sees you flailing here in the sand. Even then, you consider the chances of her finding your speck-sized body among the trillions of grains of sand are pitifully infinitesimal. Sure enough, her all-seeing eyes still fail to notice the speck of nothing desperately trying to get her attention far beneath her. Shrugging, she lays the stereo down on the towel and plops herself down next to it, releasing one more deadly wave, and knocking more of the giant sand grains into you.

The event leaves you dismayed. Moments ago, you had been the spectacle of your school. Hardly any girl could ever take their eyes off you, and Cassie couldn't ever get enough of you. Getting cursed--or whatever this was--as an unnoticeable grain of sand was a depressing change of pace. You had to make this right.

Pulling yourself out from the suffocating mixture of microscopic ocean debris, you clamber your way towards the towel where Cassie waits. Your survival instincts fill you with unmistakable nerves. This woman was big enough that even the shock waves of her footsteps had nearly ended you. Still, staying in this sandy death trap was far from desirable, and getting her attention is the best chance you have at restoring your dignity.

...And surviving, of course. Equal priorities.

Nearly twenty minutes pass before you finally reach the thick fabric of Cassie's towel, cringing at the thought. The chest had only been five paces or so away. Would traveling really be this tedious from now on? You shake the thought away, choosing to focus on more important matters. Hoisting yourself up onto the thick towel, you hug the solid ground, grateful for an easier path to traverse. You take a moment to catch your breath. This had been the easier part, after all. The dangerous part had only just begun. You stand up and look out towards your reclining girlfriend to see where on the towel you've ended up.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Near her feet

2. Near her waist

3. By her head.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Millimeter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1020588-Random-Shrinkage/cid/2652335-Approaching-the-Colossus