*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The House of Cassandra
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1174314-House-of-The-Succubus/cid/356514-The-House-of-Cassandra
by Drez
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1174314
Your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere...,.
Chapter #1

The House of Cassandra

    by: Drez


It's night. You're out in the middle of nowhere, thanks to a wrong turn you made somewhere on your way back to a vacation to Niarga Falls. To make matters worse, you don't have a good map so you can make it back to a city. And your car has broken down in the middle of a spooky-looking forest. You know how to fix cars, but your car refuses to start at all...and everything is connected, so it should be working, but it's not. You're completely baffled at this. After 30 minutes fiddling with your car and trying to fix it, you hear a noise somewhere in the woods. Luckily, you packed a flashlight in case something like this should happen. You turn on the flashlight and you shine the light out into the woods to see what is making the noise. You see nothing, but this forest is thick with trees. You shrug your shoulders and forget about the noise...it's probably an animal snooping around. You continue to work on your car.
Five mintes passes, and you give up starting up the car again. It looks like you need to walk to a nearby house and call in a tow truck...if you can find a house. You haven't seen a house for hours...in fact, you haven't seen any sign of civilization for about 2 hours now. You sigh and look up the road that you're on. The road that you're on is little more than a dirt road with a thin layer of gravel on it. As you look down the road, you hear a low hooting of an owl off in the woods somewhere. Luckily it's a warm night, or you would really be in trouble. It's a clear night, and a half-moon is high in the sky. You're so far away from any city that you can see the Milky Way in the sky...looks kinda neat. You sigh again and make your decision. You'll have to walk and hopefully find a house that has a phone so you can call for a tow truck. So, you make your way up the road, whistling a tune as you walk.
After you've walked about a mile, you see the forest is thinning a little and you can see a huge Victorian house coming up. The Victorian house is on a little hill that the dirt road goes to. The house looks spooky at night, and you can see several lights in the house...meaning, they might have a phone.
Another half a mile, and you come to a sign nailed to a tree. You shine your flashlight at the sign to see what's written on it.

"This is the house of Cassandra Von Fel Lyaniak. Go back if you value your mortal soul"

The sign is written in red letters that are 12 inches tall and faded. Below the writing is another language that you can't read at all. It looks as if it saids the same thing in the other language, but it's impossible to tell. This sign makes you uneasy at once and you feel as if you don't wanna go to the house. You also feel like you're being watched, but you see nobody around you. What to do?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Drez (UN: erik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drez has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1174314-House-of-The-Succubus/cid/356514-The-House-of-Cassandra