*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Gordon Smith, hero
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1436504-Survive-or-Die--Your-choice/cid/541863-Gordon-Smith-hero
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1436504
The end of all life ... is up to you.
Chapter #1

Gordon Smith, hero

    by: Pleesancert Naimere
"The end comes in many shapes and forms. It doesn't just happen to one singular person, but affects them all on a mass scale. One purchase of a pie, can lead to another's death. I am not a hero, nor am I the only one who lived through the mass extinction of our race that I shall now call EX-Day. I am but a single story in the grand tapestry of events. If I could swap lives with those unknowing people who suffered a fate worse than death, I would.... If only you could know what it was like for them ... then you wouldn't be asking me anymore of these silly questions."

- Sisutallion Space Station, St. Martos, June 25th, 2007, 23rd Press Conference with Gordon Smith since "EX-Day". 24th will be held tomorrow evening at 20:30, for those listeners intent on hearing all of that gloriously gruesome detail that Mr. Smith terrifies the kiddies with. Parzoni Kepsulot signing off.
.....................
Damn. Has it only been that long? That's too short. I hate looking at their smiling grins, and knowing what I know. I am no hero. I am but a lucky fool. I... I can't remember. I don't want to. They won't make me! Not anymore! I can beat them with a single latch.

*Ting* The latch opens, "Ready for take off Captain Rudy?" The ex-Astronaut grinned off into the dark depths of space. Fake gravity ... it was never that hard to beat, was it? Maybe they didn't care? Knowing them, it would be encouraged to do what I was about to do. But so what? They won. Like always, they won. But this time ... I would win too.
Space grew closer and closer, the sun was far away, but her glare was reaching way far out ... catch me! Catch me before I fall! Ha Ha! Like the good old days, ain't that right Rudy?

A pudgy grinning face, shining with sweat, deep bags under his eyes; it was right before him. The past was right before him...

But whose past was it?


Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Pleesancert Naimere (UN: logicalroger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pleesancert Naimere has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1436504-Survive-or-Die--Your-choice/cid/541863-Gordon-Smith-hero