*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Epic Voice.
  2. Test it on someone outside.
  3. The Discovery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1495105-Remote-Control/cid/1591718-Epic-Voice
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1495105
You come into possession of a very special device.
This choice: Test the device on yourself  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Epic Voice.

    by: Unknown
With curiosity getting the better of you, you decide test the device on yourself. You still had your pessimism about the authenticity of the remote (I mean come on, its just a household appliance, right?) - so in case it actually was for real, it actually worked, it would be better if there were no other victims beside yourself if anything went wrong. Especially if anything happened to be permanent.

You spied the various knobs and buttons; they all looked like they contained interesting side-effects, but you didn't want to end up doing something dreadful to yourself. So as if going down a checklist, you crossed out many of the buttons whom you deemed weren't the best thing to try out first.

You didn't want to modify anything about your body, so you skipped all those buttons. Neither did you want to alter your age; you were quite happy being as old as you currently were. Next you read the modifiers with names beneath them. Personality? Yeah no thanks; you didn't want to accidentally end up as a jerk. Manners? Well to be truthful you didn't exactly see what the difference between that and the Personality button was, so...next.

Hair? Err, you liked your hair as it was, thanks. Next. Sexuality? Wait, as in sex-change?? Oh Please, that option could go screw itself.
Finally you arrived at the 'Voice' button. Well now. There was an option that didn't seem too dangerous for a test drive.

You pointed the remote at yourself, and nervously hesitating as if you were holding a gun to your face, you clicked.
......?

Nothing. Wait, something was supposed to happen, right? No sound effects? No fancy flashes or bright lights?
"This thing is a hunk of...this...thing...is...a dud..."

You stopped mid-sentence like a vehicle running out of gas as you realized what you had just heard. Your voice! It HAD changed! It had become lower, deeper. Even more exhilarating than that was that it had become one of the most famous voices of this century!

You sounded like Arnold bloody Schwarzenegger! Oh you just HAD to say it!

"Hasta la vista Baby!" Oh hell yeah! This was the pinnacle of awesome!

Wait, wait, another one!
Trying out your new-found vocal cords, you said: "I'LL BE BACK!"
You couldn't decide whether you wanted to laugh or cry out of happiness. I mean, come on! What child not living in a cave on the face of this earth who'd seen the Terminator had not wished to be Arnold. Having the voice was close enough to fulfill your childhood fantasy.

You experimented with several other punchlines and one-liners that you were too familiar with involving your most favorite actor. Having spoken yourself hoarse with cheesy and cool catch phrases, you decided you had enough. You pointed the supernatural remote at your throat.

Still fearing that whatever changes you made with the remote might be irreversible, you anxiously spoke. To your immense relief, your old voice resounded from your mouth. So, changes could be negated. That was good news.

"Woa, that was epic! Do that again, Daniel!" Ah great. It was...

You have the following choices:

1. Your sister, Lauren.

2. Your girlfriend, Julie.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Wandering Mind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1495105-Remote-Control/cid/1591718-Epic-Voice