*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mark
  2. What has come before.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1780005-The-Pendant-of-Power/cid/1230438-Mark
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1780005
Guys find a pendant giving them incredible powers of transformation and growth.
This choice: Mark  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Mark

    by: Padraig

Mark Murphy had a lot of things going for him. He had a loving family, good home, was fairly good-looking, and in good physical shape.

Even with all that, however, Mark felt like something was missing from his life. He got his fair share of looks from the opposite sex, but he always wanted to stand out more and feel special. Sure, having red hair made him a little bit different than all the blond and brown-haired boys at his high school, but it wasn't really enough for him - he wanted to be so special that every girl would want him and every boy would want to be him. But he could never really define exactly what that trait would be, or how he could develop it, so he flitted from idea to idea, always trying to come up with something new to fill the void.

"Maybe I could get some new clothes," he thought. "From one of those weird shops downtown...perhaps something vintage. That would be different."

Mark hopped in his Jetta and drove to the older part of downtown, where most of the shops funky boutiques with old clothes and jewelry. He parked his car along the street and headed into the first one he came to called "Bunker's Landing."

The store was a bit musty, but it was filled to the rafters with vintage clothes. He looked around to see what he could find, and the shopkeeper assisted him while he looked, but unfortunately they had nothing in his size. "Most men back in the 40s and 50s were not quite as strapping as you, lad, so I'm afraid there's nothing here that will fit."

Mark thanked the older gentleman and was headed out of the store when he spotted a strange pendant on a chain in one of the displays. It reflected the light so much that it almost appeared to be glowing, and Mark really liked the masculine design - it was silver with the etching of what appeared to be a very burly Viking on it. The Viking was raising his well-muscled arm up to the heavens while standing on a pile of coins.

"How much," he asked while pointing in out.

The shopkeeper replied, "For that old thing? It's been here since I took the place over, and I have never been able to sell it. Ten bucks and it's yours."

Mark quickly paid and put the pendant and chain around his neck. He felt a warmth and a presence once he put it on, and was immediately glad he made the purchase.

He then went to some of the other shops, but still not finding any clothes, gave up on his quest and decided to stop at the mall instead and hit the food court for lunch. He got his usual meal from McDonald's and was watching the other shoppers when he saw Kristi Darrington and her friends walk by. Kristi was the hottest girl in school in Mark's opinion, with her shapely athletic build, blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Too be she's dating that prick, Brock Stevens," thought Mark. "I wonder what it is about Big Brock that she finds attractive? Well, whatever it is, I wish I had it, too."

His new pendant began to glow and suddenly Mark started to...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Padraig (UN: padraigtipton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1780005-The-Pendant-of-Power/cid/1230438-Mark