*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Home Alone!
  2. Summer Starts
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1851752-A-Summer-of-Laughter/cid/1289647-Home-Alone
by The X
Rated: GC · Interactive · Entertainment · #1851752
Read the story of a tickling-obsessed young man during his summer break.
This choice: The rest of my family was out on vacation  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Home Alone!

    by: The X
My parents had trusted me with keeping the house for the month they were out. My sister was at a cousin's in Chicago for a week, back for a day, then off to Los Angeles to reconnect with her childhood friend, whom she met when we had lived there, for the rest of the month. For almost the whole month, I had the place all to myself.

Of course, my parents trusted me not to trash the place, and I was both smart and responsible enough to not throw a huge six-day house party. Stepping on my parents' trust wouldn't get me anywhere and besides, huge house parties weren't really my thing. Unless I did something really stupid, which knowing me was unlikely but still quite possible, nothing in the house would break.

Sliding out of bed, I stretched and yawned as was customary for waking me up in the morning. I checked the clock on my desk, which read 10:00. A decent sleep-in, but not as late as I've slept some days in previous summers. Normally I'd be getting dressed before bolting downstairs to eat whatever my mother had cooked up for me, but a new sense of confidence (or surge of insanity rather) and the fact that I was alone in the house gave me the courage to go downstairs butt naked.

Admittedly it was not the smartest thing to do, but who would be watching? The shutters were all closed, the doors were all locked, and no one save family and close friends had a spare key. It was as if my family put the house in lockdown every time they left. Sure, nothing as secure as the U.S. Treasury, but there was significantly less cash and worth inside our house. With that out of my mind, I went to make breakfast.

Bacon sizzled in the pan, and the familiar pop of the toaster told me that the little appliance had done its job. A slice of butter from the fridge, an egg in the pan after the bacon was slapped on a plate. Fifteen minutes saw me sitting at the kitchen counter with a delicious breakfast ready to be devoured, and all in my birthday suit. Soon a fork materialized in my hand and was shoveling the food into my mouth. The best food is the food you make yourself. Cereal is good and all that, but honestly if you can make bacon and eggs why wouldn't you?

The plate and fork found their way to the sink. Dishes, trash, and cleaning were all my chores until the family returned. Since everyone else was out traveling, the only laundry I had to do was my own. Not a bad load, and as long as I was careful I'd have an easy month. Thoughts of how to spend my month alone began crossing my mind. I could invite Jenna over, or go to Katherine's place, or maybe hang out with Sharon.

But then I heard a noise, and it made me realize that I would not be spending this first day alone entirely as I'd begun to plan it.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The X (UN: armaggedon185 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The X has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1851752-A-Summer-of-Laughter/cid/1289647-Home-Alone