*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Rise of the Pink Star
  2. Since It Happened
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1857833-Project-Venus/cid/1642962-The-Rise-of-the-Pink-Star
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1857833
After a deadly virus leaves the world without women, a secret project restores the balance
This choice: Response 3  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Rise of the Pink Star

    by: Unknown
As Joe looked over to his son Aaron asking him about the end of the world he let out a deep sigh dropping the flowers he was tending to in his garden. He had no easy answers anymore...No promises of things will get better, or perhaps things my turn around. After losing his daughter and wife on the same night even he was beginning to lose hope..

"I dunno son...Maybe a couple years.." He said looking over to Aaron.

Over the last year the riots and looting were getting a lot worse. It was commonplace for almost anyone to have a gun on them now as martial law had been in effect for the last 6 months. At the current rate of loss and with little sign of hope it was a bleak outlook for mankind. As now only without the women they regularly complained and joked about, did they realize how much they truly meant to them in the end....

(Several Hundred Miles off the coast in a secret military missile testing site)

"IS IT READY!?" The young scientist called as he ran through the hallways with his partner as the blaring red alert sounded above them.

They had stolen the launch codes to the missile they needed to launch their device which would surely mean their death at this point but it was their only chance to save mankind. The footsteps of the soldiers were not far behind them as raced towards what the now rogue terrorists who had gained control of the longest range missile ever created.

Reaching the launch site they quickly locked the door as the younger of the two scientists looked over to his partner who was carrying a small device in his arms as he begun attaching it to the missile. As he finished attaching the small device he looked over to his younger partner.

"I'm inputting the launch codes hold them off a little longer!" He called out heading to the small terminal.

"I'm trying they are trying to override the door locks!" The younger called out trying desperately to keep the door closed by scrambling the security sequence.

"I've almost got it!" The elder said as the launch bay door began to open as the countdown to launch began.

"One minute to launch..." The overhead called out as the scientists sighed with relief knowing their device would launch.

"Will it work?" The younger said as his friend and partner walked over to him knowing it was over them but just beginning for everyone else.

"Yes..I just hope those affected will see it as a blessing and not a curse..." He said holding his friend's hand as the guards began to open the door.

They had been frantically searching for a way to grow a human female but with no live human wombs to work with their was little hope for humanity. However through genetic sequencing they had figured out how to alter an existing XY chromosome into an XX by exposure to a certain kind of radiation. They quickly realized that this special kind of radiation therapy was two small to affect the world on a grand scale so they searched for months until they realized there was only one source of radiation strong enough for them to use....the sun...

They new that by exposing the entire worlds population to this radiation would change all males to female which would not fix the world's problem. So by tweaking the exposure levels they made it so it would only affect those people were certain blood types. Roughly half of the world's population would be affected bringing balance and hope back to mankind. However they knew the risks of forcing half the men of the world to change their gender was no easy thing to ask so they built their device in secret and hijacked the only missile ever built that could travel close enough to the sun to release their device. Once released the device would alter the sun's ultraviolet radiation for a limited time but enough to expose everyone on Earth to it changing those with the chosen blood types.

The two scientists watched as their device raced towards the skies the missile heading into the clouds as the door opened behind them as the security guards quickly shot them down where they stood... They were two late however as the missile rushed to the sky heading straight for the sun...

You have the following choices:

1. The device works as planned

2. The device doesn't work as planned

*Noteb*
3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Wanderer0426 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1857833-Project-Venus/cid/1642962-The-Rise-of-the-Pink-Star