*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860639-Hogwarts-Rule-Book/cid/2294527-The-Rule-Book-discovery
by Chaos
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1860639
Harry finds a book with the power to control hogwarts.
This choice: Revenge  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The 'Rule Book' discovery.

    by: Mr. George
Hissing 'Open' in parsel tongue. Harry watched as the ornate door went through it's clanking routine of opening up for him. It could serve as a meeting point for Dumbledore's Army, he thought. Well, if more people learned parseltongue, and the door opened for them too.

A vision of himself, as the doorkeeper for new arrivals came to mind. He dismissed it, not the most impressive welcome, and then to claim authority to teach his fellow students.

As the ornate snakes finished clanking and chiming aside, the door heaved open.

The chaos, the destruction of Ron's backfiring wand, and Gilderoy's casting were still evident. Apparently, the chamber was largely left alone. It's reputation enough to keep most everyone away. The danger of further traps always a possibility given who crafted and created it.

Anyway, Harry entered, eager to explore without a basilisk on his tail trying to kill him. Or equally eager to leave, the lives of his friends and himself rather imperilled. A hall like room, they could use to practise spells in privacy, away from the roving eyes of Dolores Umbridge.

The devastation was more severe than he remembered. The place where the backfire had thrown Lockhart. Idly, he kicked at some debris, probably a dusty brick. It flew further than it should have, with the sound of paper flapping... pages flapping.

Scrabbling after it, he discovered, Ron's old wand, the two halves barely held together with sellotape. Then he discovered the book. It had to have fallen from Gilderoy's robes, a book too precious to have been packed in his cases.

'Hogwarts: The Rule Book', the words sparkling as the gilt embossed title shimmered against the plain leather of the cover. Turning it over he discovered, the four house crests embossed down the spine. He almost tossed it aside, as powerful memories of Tom's diary surfaced, did this dark location attract evil artefacts.

Opening the front page, it had the school crest, and beneath that the names of the house founders. Running his thumb over the esteemed names, Harry realised they weren't printed. This book actually was signed by four of the most powerful witches and wizard's of history.

He snapped it closed, something he could show Hermione when he wanted her to be quiet, when he wanted her to change the subject. Slipping it into a deep pocket in his robes, he didn't want to drop it.

Harry explored the Chamber.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. George (UN: rjh-kk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chaos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860639-Hogwarts-Rule-Book/cid/2294527-The-Rule-Book-discovery