*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Work Order
  2. Disaster Imminent
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1641721-Work-Order
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1946404
What trouble can a human get into while working at a newspaper for giant monsters?
This choice: Work with the other staff  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Work Order

    by: Unknown
As you’re waiting for Lexi’s response, Lexi actually stops to think about the situation to herself. “This human has caused so much grief that sending him out in the field would be a disaster. Maybe for today, I should give him a job at the building, one that hopefully he won’t survive. Let’s see, there’s the delivery girl, Harley the wereboar. That supersized swine is the most reckless driver I’ve ever seen. Sometimes I wonder why her license hasn’t been suspended. If Tim accompanies her, the bumpy ride might toss him far away or even throw him into traffic to turn him into roadkill. But wait Lexi, there’s still Kiki, that lazy tanuki bum. As far as secretaries go, she leaves much to be desired. She’s lucky I’m not mean enough to fire her. But her apathy makes her dangerous to Tim. Last time I paired those two, the big tanuki had the runt plastered to her skirt all day. And then there’s the fact she doesn’t bother to pick off humans that get stuck to her food.” Lexi laughs to herself as you look in confusion, before she continues thinking to herself.

“Or maybe I’ll be nice and stick her with Fate. Maybe it wouldn’t kill me to give him a chance and it’s doubtful Fate would kill him. She’s a gargoyle for crying out loud and she’s too much of a stone face to care whether or not Tim’s bad luck. Wait, that’s a mistake. If the little jinx gets her seriously hurt, we’ll be defenseless when the night comes. Not to mention, Destiny will make a fur coat out of me. Maybe I should assign him to Beth the guard we mainly have in during the day. That behemoth is a lot harder on humans than Fate and she’ll have Tim under her toes, or her ass, in no time. But Beth has that crush on Tim. Maybe she’ll finally manage to seduce him. Oh yeah, then Mazee would murder him. I can just imagine her blowing her top and squishing him like a bug. But then there’s the perfect human killing worker I have. Aurelia. I had to hire the werejackal because the bonehead keeps destroying the building and the equipment. She’s the best carpenter and technician around, but she and that hyperactive werehyena wife of hers are total gluttons when it comes to humans. Aurelia almost had me rid of the little pest. Makes you wonder why she’d want to eat Tim if he’s the reason we need her so much. At this point, I don’t care as long as someone gets rid of that stupid human.”

“Uh Lexi!” you yell up to your gargantuan boss. “Hello.” Lexi looks down and smiles at you. “Good news. I know exactly what you’re going to do today little guy.”
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1641721-Work-Order