*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Prepared for the beach
  2. Window Of Opportunity
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/1825172-Prepared-for-the-beach
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Beach  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Prepared for the beach

    by: Bird
It's the perfect day at the beach. The tide's out, the sun is shining, and the cool breeze feels great in your face. As you step off the bus with the handful of vacationers who rode with you, you realize that this will be the last time in a while that you can feel these things at full size.

You step onto the sand. It's a bit hot, but it's still early enough to walk on. You set your beach bag down, and start digging into it. While most of the people here packed for a nice day at the beach, you packed for desert survival. First things first, you pulled out what you called "The Contingency Plan." It looked like a simple black box, but it was actually one of the most powerful size altering devices ever made. Of course, when it's also the first size altering device ever made, that's an easy claim to make. You set a timer on it for fifteen minutes. That's how long until it shrinks you. Then, you set another timer for 6:00 tomorrow morning. That way, if day one convinces you that this plan is complete garbage, you'll be able to escape.

You bury the box under some sand so no one'll find it. Standing up, you close the bag and walk over to a nice, deserted spot in the middle of the beach. It's far enough from the ocean that high tide won't touch it, and it's in the middle of sharp shells and rocks so no one will step on you. You settle down into the spot and wait.

And wait some more. Maybe fifteen minutes was too long. You decide to take inventory of what you have. Five bottles of sunscreen, to help prevent sunburns while your skin is still pale and unused to the sun; a canteen to carry water; flint and steel; cookwear designed for camping; a sun hat; and of course a sword. You've taken courses on how to wield it, so finding food and fighting predators shouldn't be too difficult.

You've killed some serious time now. Only a minute left.

30 seconds.

15.

10.

5. 4. 3. 2.

"That looks like a good place to set up. Come on!"

1! Wait, what was that?

Your body goes numb as it is being reformed. Slowly, your senses come back online.

Smell hasn't changed. Neither has touch or taste. However, as sound comes back online, you hear voices. Loud voices from not too far away. It's too hard to tell who's making them, since these ears might as well be new. You'll need to see who is ruining your plan, but testing showed that vision always took the longest to come back online, since the eyes needed a lot of work to use light of a different wavelength. As the blurring clears, you see...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bird (UN: ruleit1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/1825172-Prepared-for-the-beach