*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3079028-The-Heights-of-Rachel-Anderson
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Climb Higher  •  Go Back...
Chapter #7

The Heights of Rachel Anderson

    by: Doom
If you just wanted to get out of the house, you could get off now. If you really want to stay alongside the family, you're going to have to get to high ground; you almost fell off this slipper twelve times in the time it took Rachel to walk out of her house!

Mostly recovered from your climb up and then down the nightstand, you let go of the chunky form of the woman's big toe and pull yourself up its smaller neighbours. You walk easily enough to the ankle, and the daunting prospect of the leg itself.

In her open-toed slippers, the woman had dressed for warm weather, like this pleasant blue sun-dress. You plan to scuttle up the shin only for long enough to reach the hem, where you can transfer to the material and soon secrete yourself away.

With the thick, warm skin under your hands, you heave yourself up the awesome form of your next-door neighbour, each breath used to whisper apologies for having so terrified the goddess.

Earlier, you were down among her toes, and Rachel was worried, concentrating on panic and not the feeling near her feet. Now, standing still outside, just waiting, she is more sensitive to her body. She feels the insect crawling across her skin, and lifts her other foot to scratch at it, to remove the annoyance.

For you, it is quite terrifying to see the clawing toes of the other foot rushing at you. The merest contact of those beasts drives you from your perch, wailing as you plunge down to the ground. You lie back and watch as Rachel rubs her foot around to make certain you are gone, before she smashes it back down to slide into the slipper.

That's a 'no' to the climbing plan, then.

As you just bask in the massive display of power from Rachel, you hear before you see the return of her children. Taylor, Ethan and Abby come trampling down the driveway, increasing their pace as they see their mother waiting. The giants gather close, devastating voices asking what's going on, the matriarch attempting to maintain calm.

Now there are four pairs of feet, each deadly in their own way, but still an option better than trying to scale a giant person.

So, besides Rachel's open-toed slippers, Taylor's flats, Ethan's trainers and Abby's garish teenie-boppers present themselves. The fifth option would be to run along after them: their paces may be much, much further than yours, but hopefully they won't be walking very quickly while they talk.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Back to Rachel

2. Tackle Taylor

*Noteb*
3. Experience Ethan

4. All aboard Abby

*Noteb*
5. Tag along like a pet

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3079028-The-Heights-of-Rachel-Anderson