*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Catalysts
  2. Introduction & Story Selection
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263177-Catalysts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Catalysts  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Catalysts

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
'Catalysts' may sound like an odd category, as it is the term I use for characters that spark off the plot. Whereas most of the other chapters are about the antics of weight gain, the following chapters have the plot and mystery of Gerbert's at the forefront. This does not mean that there is no avenue for weight gain but the importance has shifted from there to explore story choices.

Stories within this category are about the pursuit of truth, of getting to the source of what is wrong at Gerbert's and trying to do something about it. Alongside the other themes of this interactive (the weight gain and expansion) this puts them in peril more frequently than other characters. The What and How of the primary mystery will vary greatly amongst the choices following these chapters trading off with how the characters come to indulge themselves.

Some options may also focus on different storytelling techniques, which will be listed below.

Security Guards
Surprisingly, Gerbert's requires a small and dedicated security force, for the protection of the young patrons and sensitive company assets. If only the security force was given the support, training and respect they deserve. They become the front line, so to speak, against the threats inherent to Gerbert Gerbil's. Further characters can be selected in that option.

Diane Peakes
Occupation: sheriff
Age: 37
Body Type: stocky, imposing but soft

The rural county sheriff with Gerbert Gerbil & the Cosmic Crew within her jurisdiction. She's had a credited career for her time on the force leading to her promotion to a young sheriff. Although since then, with crime at an all time low Diane has gotten quite soft. In both contexts, although her hounding sense of justice just needs a kick in the keister. She's an unabashed example of the cop loving doughnuts stereotype.

Whatever is wrong with Gerbert's, she'll be doing what she can to solve it.

Houston Tuttle
Occupation: Cosmic Crew Entertainment personal affairs and publicity
Age: 29
Body Type: chiseled, statuesque

Houston is a fast track businessman who has found himself just below the upper management of Cosmic Crew Entertainment. This puts him under a lot of pressure but he gets through it with sharp smiles and a nose for finding quick solutions to problems. Often this means he puts in only enough effort to please the bosses. Sometimes it comes from his own distractions. He could find a better job than Gerbert's but he's becoming notorious as a chubby chaser for those staff and clientele in his age range.

Whatever is wrong with Gerbert's, he'll be doing what he can to cover it up.

The Culprit
Written in Second Person PoV

You know who you are, so we won't say it just yet. But everything wrong with Gerbert's? From critical breakdowns to the unhealthy, fattening food, that's your doing. The person the others see on the outside isn't important, at least in your mind, because we are following your mind. Gerbert's is yours, and you are prepared to keep it that way.

The Entity
Written in First Person PoV

There's nothing human at the core of Gerbert Gerbil's troubles. It's entirely supernatural. I should know. I'm the one behind it. Although my story can't properly be told without false pretenses. 'I' 'me' and 'my' are entirely elements to make my story feel relatable. There isn't an 'I' behind my influence, no sole manifestation that will explain everything. Maybe I'm an unexplainable force, the personality of the restaurant itself, or something else entirely. All I can do is persist. And try to change things.

You have the following choices:

1. Security Guards

2. Sheriff Diane Peakes

3. Houston Tuttle

4. The Culprit

5. The Entity

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263177-Catalysts