*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. River
  2. Wolf Clan Heroes
  3. Let's Begin!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2152033-Armello-Gone-Rotten/cid/2464114-River
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Erotica · #2152033
Well, it at least SMELLS rotten now anyways...
This choice: River  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

River

    by: Unknown
For the past few years, you’ve been on a campaign to wipe out a bandit tribe that has been growing in the Northern Needles. It was a powerful organization, a few thousand strong, but you’ve been dismantling it piece by piece, assassinating its leaders, setting fire to its strongholds and picking off its underlings one by one. Over the years, the tribe has been plunged into chaos, and its remaining members have deserted the tribe, fearing for their lives. Now, after years of work, you’ve single-handedly destroyed the bandit organization like you have so many others, resigning it to the annals of history…

When you returned home, however, you were not given much time to rest before you were sent on a new campaign. You’ve tried to keep out of Armello’s affairs… but the rot has slowly been creeping into your work more and more. It seems to be omnipresent; there’s not a place you could go to escape its influence. It seems like the once noble kingdom has gone made. If you wanted things to return to the way they were, you were going to have to stomp out this chaos; starting with its very source...

The rot infects each of us its victims with their own unique, foul stench, which seems to grow worse as the infection grows. This is embarrassing enough, but the true cost is the way it affects your personality. The more points of rot you have, the more you’re controlled by your own id; those who are corrupted become horny, smelly, slobbish versions of their former selves. Truly, in a culture dedicated to honor, chastity and temperance, becoming infected with the rot is the most humiliating fate a wolf could suffer. Thus, usually when a once proud wolf is corrupted, it is kept a secret, and they are mercifully, silently exiled to preserve their honor…

During your last campaign, you’ve run into a few corrupted exiles while travelling the wilderness. The ones whose willpower was strong were still relatively normal, and seemed embarrassed and ashamed by their smelly tendencies and sinful urges. The ones whose willpower was weak were now mindless slobs, who immediately tried to fuck and/or fart on you on sight, only to get an arrow through the skull instead. In truth, it hurt your soul to find that so many of your fellow wolves have succumbed to such a terrible affliction. And then you come home, only to learn that your king has succumbed to the madness as well!?

You were never at all interested in Armello’s politics. Hell, you weren’t much of a people person in general. The concept of ‘loneliness’ never registered with you. Being completely isolated, all by yourself, deep in the wilderness for months at a time was relaxing to you. But hearing about the madness of the king, and seeing the other similarly mad, completely unqualified ‘heroes’ who were vying for the crown, you knew you had to embark on the most difficult, the most dangerous, and the most important campaign of your life...

If Armello, in its sensitive state, falls into the wrong hands, it is doomed. You cannot risk that happening. You must travel the lands, pool your resources, spread word of your prestige, and become the new queen of the kingdom. There was no doubt in your mind that you will, over the course of your campaign, be infected with your rot. In fact, in order to succeed, you will likely have to harness the rot’s dark powers to your own ends. You will have to sacrifice your honor, your chastity, your temperance, and perhaps even your very sanity… but all the suffering you will endure was worth guaranteeing a brighter future for your kingdom.

You had only a couple weeks to prepare. You liked to plan out every detail before acting, but you didn’t have time for that. If you were going to seize the throne, you were going to have to react to whatever obstacles you may face along the way, and rely on your wits and skill to guide you. While preparing to set out, you notice a few opportunities to gain some extra prestige, and maybe a bit of gear...

While at a library, you hear a few bear sages discuss what sounds like it may be a proper Wits Challenge. Apparently, a spirit stone on a nearby mountain was harming the natural balance of the region, and someone needs to go retrieve it. You’ve heard that these mysterious ‘spirit stones’ can be used to completely banish the rot, which intrigued you...

While at a bar, you overhear a few drunkards discussing a possible Fights Challenge. The king’s madness has left the kingdom destabilized, and opportunistic bandits and brigands have been taking advantage of the chaos. Apparently, a small group of bandits have taken over a nearby trade route, and have been charging travelling caravans ‘gold’ with the threat of burning their wagons. If you wiped out this group, perhaps you could even claim some treasure for yourself...

Lastly, you’ve heard rumors that seems like they could lead to a Spirit Challenge. Apparently, the king is holding some kind of festival nearby, but there have been whispered rumors that the festival is actually a front, and the entire thing is just a plan to corrupt a few high-ranking aristocrats with rot. If you put a stop to this plan, you could probably recruit some grateful noble to your cause...

Health: 5/5
Magic: 3
Gold: 4
Rot: 0

You have the following choices:

1. Wits Challenge

*Noteb*
2. Fights Challenge

3. Spirit Challenge

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Flarfenarfle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2152033-Armello-Gone-Rotten/cid/2464114-River