*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Wits Challenge
  2. River
  3. Wolf Clan Heroes
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2152033-Armello-Gone-Rotten/cid/2464156-Wits-Challenge
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Erotica · #2152033
Well, it at least SMELLS rotten now anyways...
This choice: Wits Challenge  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Wits Challenge

    by: Flarfenarfle
As much as you want to help with the bandit problem, if these Spirit Stones can really do what people say, they'll be a far more permanent solution to the troubles plaguing Armello. If things go well and the trip is a short one, you may even be able to come back here and deal with the bandits after you get the stone. After making a few preparations and checking your map to ensure which way you need to go to reach the mountains, you head off.

According to your map, the mountains are just past a swamp to the west. Of course, you could also go through the forests around the swamp, but that'll take almost half a day to get around them and then climb the mountain. Swamps are dangerous, vile places. Some people have said that swamps are places where the Rot has sunk into the soil and befouled the landscape. Of course, it's likely untrue. The swamps had all been here long before the first cases of Rot were ever reported. Still, they are foul, and you're likely to take at least some damage in there, be it from plants, insects, or just the smell. As for bandits and marauders, well, the forests are just as likely to hold people like that. The forests would give you cover and allow you to sneak up on such people though. Hell, you may even be able to find someone to help you in some capacity.

As you step out of town, you look at the branching road. One leads off through those forest trails, and another straight on to the swamp. Both paths have their ups and downs. The forest path is arguably safer, but it'll take longer to reach your quest. The swamp is faster, but you're all but guaranteed to take some damage going through there!

It takes you a moment, but you finally make your decision as you start walking down...

Health: 5/5
Magic: 3
Gold: 4
Rot: 0

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The swamp road

*Noteb*
2. The forest path

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Flarfenarfle (UN: pudding502 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Flarfenarfle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2152033-Armello-Gone-Rotten/cid/2464156-Wits-Challenge