*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A week to remember
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166832-Small-Bargain-Summer-Days/cid/2537166-A-week-to-remember
by lolboy
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2166832
After the events of the main story, Blake finds himself in a whole new adventure!
Chapter #1

A week to remember

    by: lolboy
Blake wakes up with a yawn. He gets out of bed and walks to his bathroom. He starts his shower and brushes his teeth. It had been nearly five years since he shrunk professed his love to Aria. Since then the two began happily dating. Blake and Aria graduated high school and are on their own adventures in college. Aria went to a university and shares a dorm/apartment. Blake goes to community college to get his general education out of the way. The two visit each other frequently and Aria still often teases Blake for shrinking. Most of Blake and Aria’s close friends know the story by now and have generally either accepted it word for word or think it’s some elaborate metaphor.

Blake steps out of the shower and gets dressed. Once he does, he goes down stairs, making himself some breakfast. Blake has just finished his finals and was glad to be through them. Suddenly he hears thuds racing above him. Soon his younger sister Jade emerges from the staircase and quickly makes breakfast.

“Hey shortstuff~” Jade had seen Blake tiny firsthand and never truly got over the feeling of being the “big sister”.

“Hey sis.” Blake replies. “Someone is dressed for fun.” Truly Jade was. She wore a short t shirt that showed off her midriff and preppy short shorts.

“Duh, I’m hanging out with some friends for a graduation party. A goodbye to boring high school and a lovely hello to college life~” Jade smiles as she poured some cereal and milk, eating rather quickly. “But yeah,” she said with her mouth full. “I’m going out all night after finals today. Told ma I’ll be home tomorrow afternoon... ish.” Jade smiles and chugs the rest of her cereal down and finishes with a heafty sigh then a loud belch. “Oops~ ‘scuse me. Alright, I’m out. Later squirt.” Blake chuckled, she had grown and changed so fast these past few years.

“Alright, whatever. Stay safe, “big sis”,” Blake said with a smirk. His comment earned a smile from Jade as she waved goodbye. She exits the house and gets into her friend’s car. Blake hears the familiar car of x speed away. Blake sighs with a smile, “teenagers.”

Blake was planning something special for his 5 year anniversary. Aria and Blake has begun talking about moving in together. It was scary at first to Blake but he auickly came around. He was thinking of taking Aria of a tour of a place he picked out. A small two bedroom house that was close to both of those colleges and was close to downtown should they eventually get a job there. Blake couldn’t wait to tell Aria.

Suddenly as Blake is preparing to head out a spirit appears before him. It’s the timid spirit that helped him along his journey. Blake is surprised but welcomes her eagerly.

“S-spirit! It’s you! I ... I didn’t expect to see you again.”

“Nor I you Blake. However... there is a matter of grave importance that requires your skills.” The ethereal figure gestures towards Blake.

“My skills? You mean? My magic? I... I haven’t practiced in years. I... I couldn’t even summon a breeze.” The spirit’s figure starts to get twitchy.

“Oh... oh dear. This... this isn’t good at all. Please Blake. You have to remember. There is an issue that’s coming. I feel as if you’re the one to help us.”

“Wait.... us? What are you talking about?” The spirit shifts in two before coming together, whispers seeping out from her.

“TellHim.””Heneedstoknow””thisisouronlyhope?””hecouldnthurtafl y”

“Silence!” The spirit says to herself. She regains her composure. “Yes... I house many spirits whithin me... even the two spirits who spoke with you before. There is a great evil that threatens all walks off life. From spirits, to mages, and even the mage hunters as well. We need you to help us.” Blake was taken back by this. He truly had rarely ever casted after he started dating Aria, even swearing that he’d hardly take the dark arts again.

“I... but I haven’t practiced in ages! And I can hardly practice combat spells. Especially indoors.” The spirit nods and bows her head when a few whispers speak to her. Her face lights up.

“Yes... yes yes! Of course! Blake! We shall shrink you again! You can try and do no damage to your world! No noticeable damage anyway! And we’d be able to grant you much more strength and mana as well! Allowing to cast multiple spells on yourself at a time!” Blake was even more shocked than finding out he would be facing off a “great evil”. Now they wanted him tiny as well?!

“Wait! What if this great evil finds me when I’m tiny?” The spirits whisper amongst themselves.

“That is a good point. The evil is humanoid, that much we know... you should be able to hide from it, so long as you don’t use too much mana.”

“Wouldn’t it detect a magically shrunken person?” Blake retorts.

“No, to the evil it was sense you as alive and in magical like a mouse or... more accurately a bug.” Blake grimaced. “Our apologies. So Blake? Will you help us?” The spirit extends her hand forward and looks to Blake expectantly. Blake thinks it over, pondering if this was truly the right way to go about things. He sighed as hesitantly extended his hand forward.

“Alright I guess.... let’s... save the world.” The spirit smiles and giggled. She shook the two hands and Blake felt a great power surge within him. He felt himself becoming stronger than he had in ages. Eventually he starts to feel the power well into him. He felt himself slipping, which was normal he remembered.

“Thank you Blake! Thank you so much! Please. Save us.”

Then.

Nothing.

Some time later Blake groggily holds his head. He feels the strong magic coursing through his veins and sits up.

“Ugh... and I was having such a good day too.” Blake stands and stumbles a bit, getting familiar with his surroundings. Once things started to clear he realized just where he was. The giant furniture, the decorations. He was.

You have the following choices:

1. At Aria’s

2. At Indigo’s

3. At Ruby’s

4. Jade’s party!

5. Someplace else

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 lolboy (UN: lolboy13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lolboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2166832-Small-Bargain-Summer-Days/cid/2537166-A-week-to-remember