*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075308-Prompt-Blog-City-81524
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1075308 added August 15, 2024 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt Blog City 8/15/24
Thursday
August 15, 2024
12:45 pm

Blog City image large

Prompt: A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Write about this in your Blog entry today.

I am a cat person. I am told our family Irish Setter jumped up on me when I was three which instilled a fear of dogs, particularly large dogs, from the get go.

My first cat's name was Gunther. That was the first name of one of the fictitious cops in the TV series "Car 54 Where are you?" His brother was name Frances after Gunther's partner Frances Muldoon in the TV show. I was 12.

My second cat's name was Buffy. Her story is here "Buffy. I was 30. After she was hit and killed by a car, it was a few years before I rescued kittens, a brother and sister named Shadow and Katrina.

Around the same time I got a shih-tzu as a birthday gift for a roommate. His name was Pugs-lei or Pugs for short. He was a puppy mill dog who was ready to be taken from a pet shop back to the mill to do whatever they do with male dogs who do not get sold within a certain length of time. His time was going to be up in a few days after I saw him. He was 11 weeks old. The roommate moved back to Chicago and said he did not want the dog any longer. He could have taken him and not doing so ended our friendship.

Pugs thought his person was the roommate. It took him a long while to bond with me. Once he did, I think I was a little ahead in the love department than him loving himself. He was so pretty, I can understand why he was stuck on himself. I allowed my cats the roam of the house and encouraged them sleeping in my human bed. Pugs would sleep in bed until I fell asleep. He would retreat to his favorite place to sleep under the bed.

I live with family now who got a Boston Terrier named Jack. Jack immediately selected me as his person. He loves me more than anyone else and much more than himself. If he is scolded for jumping in the kitty litter box he will retreat to my room, wiggle his way under his blanket and try to hide. (His blanket is MY cherished Snoopy blanket which is red. Dogs can see red, I believe). Anyway, as I write this he has nudged his way onto my lap. I have learned to type resting my elbows on his back. He thinks I am rubbing his back and will stay here until I am finished.

I am struggling with some math homework, but wanted to respond to this prompt. Princess Megan's prompts are the best ones!

© Copyright 2024 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075308-Prompt-Blog-City-81524