*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323947-Cleaning-the-Garage
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2323947
Contest Entry
Cleaning the Garage

Cleaning the garage, ugg… I wonder what the word “Garage” really means. Growing up it was where we kept the car. In my house, an adult who’s lived here forty-seven years, it seems to mean “Big closet outside to hide stuff in.”

I actually stopped putting my car in a few months ago, when it was not going to snow again, thinking I’d clean it up. Instead, I brought numerous things out of the house, thinking now, I would sort and organize during the nice weather. Well, the nice weather has slipped away, and I couldn’t fit my car in there if you paid me a million dollars!

Just putting up the garage door started an avalanche! (I knew that bringing things in from the small back door was cheating…) Now I had boxes, clothes, tools, furniture… you name it, it was in there! And, broken glass too I found out when I took a step near it and got a hunk stuck in my shoe. Thankfully I had a shoe on! Which I only put on after finding a nail on the floor, and deciding to be more careful!

I ended up with a yard sale, more a yard “If you want it, take it!” I couldn’t believe how much junk I’d kept! After that, I still had to rent a dumpster to get rid of the rest of the junk that nobody, including me, wanted!

Then I had to actually “clean” the garage. It had dust and crap a mile thick it seemed. But, I survived. And now I have a clean garage. And, I do not plan on being messy enough to have to clean it again!

Well… that was my thought, till I caught myself walking out there this morning with a brand-new box of junk…
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323947-Cleaning-the-Garage