*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
6
9
10
11
13
14
15
17
21
22
24
25
26
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077347-Magic-Happens
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1077347 added September 27, 2024 at 10:17am
Restrictions: None
Magic Happens
I love watching magicians do their thing. One of my favourites is the British illusionist, Dynamo. He does things that are not physically possible. If you are ever in the mood to question reality, watch him do his street performances and try and figure out how he does his magic.

The link below is about a very different kind of magic. Dynamo is an illusionist, whereas the magic this YouTube video describes has more to do with us common folk and what we are capable of.

https://youtu.be/OnMKthjS7pA?si=x1gDTOSMWLYDlGDB

There is an invention called a random number generator. It's a bit like a coin flipper in that it randomly selects either a zero or a 1. These machines have been around for decades, and this video speaks of a particular experiment where people are asked to try and change the outcomes to either a zero or a 1 by simply thinking about it. You could be forgiven for thinking there would be no change in the results, but over a long period, they find there is a small, yet discernable change.

Statistics do not lie, and in another experiment (not mentioned in the video), a plant is placed in the corner of a dark room. Then a light that is controlled by a random generator is placed in the middle of the room and programmed to shine the light randomly into all four corners. Somehow, when the data is analysed, they find the corner with the plant receives more light than the other three.

We are entering a new age of scientific discovery. The Large Hadron Collider and The Hubble Space Telescope are providing scientists with information that will likely take decades to decipher. Quantum mechanics is a field that defies scientific understanding and logic, but the effects, in particular that of quantum entanglement, have proven some phenomena are beyond our present scope of understanding.

We tend to believe what we are told by those more highly educated than ourselves. The trouble is that most scientists refuse to question things that are taboo or of a spiritual nature because they cannot be measured or proven to be real in a lab. They don't want to be seen as being left field and risk ridicule by their peers by wasting time studying things that are, by and large, unprovable (and understandably so).

However, many of Galileo's theories when he was trying to separate science from religion, are now proven facts. And we should not be so arrogant to think that what is considered now as being ridiculous, may one day be proven otherwise. As time goes by and more knowledge comes to hand, the human mind may one day evolve into something beyond our wildest imagination...and magic may simply be a normal part of daily life.










© Copyright 2024 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077347-Magic-Happens