*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. My First Interview!
  2. All Aboard!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1363002-The-Fattest-Town/cid/476496-My-First-Interview
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1363002
Your a reporter investigating South Barkalow, a town with a 98% obesity rate.
This choice: 1  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

My First Interview!

    by: boywithpen
Lisa interviewed Gus Harlem, the bus driver, after his shift was over. Gus was a tall, fat African American man who had been living in South Barkalow since he was a child, born and raised, now massively obese and near retirement he simply tends to the buses and tourists. His grey hairs curled out from under his mandatory blue bus-driver cap. His uniform was wrinkled and faded from the many washing it had endured; he had a weathered look to his eyes and face and his lips seemed to be frowning quite often, but when he did smile it invited anyone to talk with him.

Lisa and Gus were at the employees-only section of the bus depot when their interview started. Gus was at his lunch break too; leaving this poor man vulnerable to Lisa’s novice and shoddy interviewing techniques.

“So, Gus, how long have you been driving the Barkalow Town Transportation Bus?” Lisa inquired with her pen and pad.

Gus lumbered over to the vending machine and put in 75 cents. A turkey sub erupted from the huge mechanism and he took it back to his table, he sat across from Lisa. “Well,” He started off in a slow voice, a croaky voice. “I’ve been doing this ever since the Tourist Busing Plan was put into effect. I knew the Mayor’s brother, Ralph, and I was offered the job right away. I never really understood why we needed this though, makes us fat folks seems like we’re in some glass box in a zoo or something.” His words were shameless. “Wish those skinnies would get off their butts and do some walking themselves instead of talking about how lazy we are…” Lisa was a little embarrassed; obviously she was someone who would be, in Gus’s terms, a “skinny”.

“Well anyone can ride the busses, residents and tourists alike, it’s not just for tourists.”

“I know, but the only people you see riding them are people with cameras and crap. We shouldn’t even have tourists, we ain’t nothing special.”

“So I suppose you don’t feel very positively towards the Tourist Busing?” Lisa was dutifully noting down every thing he said.

“Defiantly not! Don’t know why ol’ Tom even started this junk.”

“Your referring to Tom Blank, the mayor I presume?”

“Yeah, Tom used to be such a smart guy, but with all those tourists waving money in his face I don’t blame him for snatching some…”

“If you don’t support the Tourist Busing then why do you drive one? Wouldn’t you be better off doing something else?” Lisa was curious as to why he was staying here if he hated the tourists so much.

“Well, it’s really a long story, best not told now.” Gus reached into his skin-tight pockets for another 75 cents. “Let’s just say I’m doing Ralph a favor...” And with that Gus tucked his hands in his pockets and closed his eyes. Did he just fall asleep?

1. Be persistent and find out exactly what Gus's relationship with Ralph is.
2. Don't bug the poor guy, let the interview end. Besides you have to get home.
3. Look for another bus employee to talk to.
4. Explore the bus depot.
5. Leave and get accustomed to the town.

You have the following choices:

1. 1

2. 2

*Noteb*
3. 3

*Noteb*
4. 4

5. 5

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 boywithpen (UN: boywithpen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
boywithpen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1363002-The-Fattest-Town/cid/476496-My-First-Interview