*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A new beginning.
  2. Checking In.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1586877-The-Moriarty-Arms/cid/993356-A-new-beginning
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #1586877
Unwitting guests check into a strange hotel....
This choice: A new beginning.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A new beginning.

    by: Saracen1187
Walking around the lobby of his prestigious new hotel, Dr James Moriarty clapped his hands together and rubbed them vigorously. "Ahh, I do have a good feeling about this place" he chuckled, as he watched his newly hired staff members rushing around to get things ready. In the background, 'Deck The Halls' was playing on a cd system behind the main reception desk, Moriarty's way of helping to get his staff in the Christmas spirit.

"No, no, no...Mike, raise it up a little more please" Moriarty suddenly said to the head waiter, a particularly good looking young man with short blonde hair, who was hanging a modest "Merry Christmas" banner in the lobby with the bartender Harry.

"That's it...perfect!" he then smiled.

Harry just laughed at his employer. "You're really taking this 'Christmas spirit' thing serious aren't you boss?" the muscular man asked.

Dr Moriarty just stood there, looking up at Harry on the step ladder. "There's no point in doing anything Harry if you aren't going to enjoy it and take pride it" he responded to Harry's comment. "Now please, I want you and Marcus to double check that the bar is properly stocked with every kind of drink, I wouldn't want any of our guests to go without" he said.

"Yeah, sure thing boss" Harry grunted, as he and Mike finished haning the banner in the correct spot.

The *ping* of the elevator behind him then caused the good Doctor to turn around. Michelle, the exceptionally pretty young French woman he had hired as the maid, stepped out...dragging the vaccum cleaner.

"Ahh, are all the rooms spotless my dear?" an excited Moriarty asked the young lady.

"Oui Monsieur, zey are all clean!" Michelle replied, sweeping her luxurious blonde hair out of her face. Moriarty then watched as the young woman walked away, her long, stocking-clad legs emphasized nicely by the short black dress (with white apron) and black patent, 4-inch stiletto heeled pumps she was required to wear.

Mike the waiter, attired in his black pants and shoes, red cummerbund, white shirt and jacket and black bow tie, winked at Michelle as he descended from his ladder. This of course didn't go unoticed by the ever vigilant Moriarty.

The Doctor then approached the front desk and observed the actions of the receptionist Chloe. Giving her a warm smile, Moriarty was sure he had made an excellent choice with this young lady. And he knew that she was grateful to him for hiring her, she had really needed the job. Chloe was just 19 years old and very pretty, her hair was dyed red and black, and as with the rest of the staff, Moriarty made sure she was dressed elegantly. The young woman wore a red blouse (open at the neck), a knee-length black skirt and jacket, tan stockings and a pair of black pumps with 3-inch chunky heels and ankle straps. Jewelry on all his staff was kept a minimum, but they were all issued with a complimentary gold watch, which they wore at all times. And Chloe was allowed to wear a small gold chain with a heart shaped locket around her neck.

"Everything going well young lady?" he asked Chloe, who smiled at him and nodded.

"Yes sir, everything's prepared" Chloe replied eagerly.

"Excellent! Thank you!" Moriarty remarked gratefully, as his eyes lit up once more.

Now humming along to the familiar tune of "Jingle Bells", Moriarty wandered over to the Gift Shop, where the assistant, Angela, was also making a few final touch ups to the shop's appearance. "All ready my dear?" he asked the 32-year old, raven-haired beauty, who looked stunning in the red skirt suit, black blouse and black stiletto pumps she was wearing. Dr Moriarty noticed, that the woman had refrained from wearing any stockings on her tanned, shapely legs, not that he disapproved, far from it.

"I think so sir, as ready as we'll ever be" Angela answered, as she put her arms behind her back and put her high heeled feet together as though she were standing to attention.

"Good, very good, I want to thank you for all your hard work Angela" Moriarty mumbled, as he took a moment to pick up and admire one of the many small trinkets that the Gift Shop offered, a two-faced statuette symbolizing 'Gemini'. He couldn't help but grin to himself.

"Oh, my pleasure sir!" Angela smiled.

The Doctor put the statuette back down and gave Angela another smile before exiting the Gift Shop, without saying another word.

"Okay, the Doctor then bellowed, getting everyone's attention, "It pleases me to announce, that The Moriarty Arms is now open for business!" he exclaimed. Then he personally shuffled over to the entrance and unlocked the doors, pushing them open. Behind him, as a mischievous grin appeared on his face, his contented staff members applauded and congratulated him.

"Let the fun begin!" Moriarty chuckled menancingly.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Saracen1187 (UN: saracen1187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wandering Mind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1586877-The-Moriarty-Arms/cid/993356-A-new-beginning