*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1908395-Monster-Girl-Quest/cid/1489433-A-Heros-Only-as-Good-as-his-Weapon
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1908395
You are a young adventurer about to embark on a quest in a world full of Monster Girls.
This choice: Ignore her.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A Hero's Only as Good as his Weapon

    by: Aerodeth
You werent stupid. You knew an obvious trap when you see one. That 'girl in need' was really a monster in seek of easy prey. However, you werent reckless either. It wasnt like you go up to her and slay her right then and there. Not with the weapon you currently have. Wood swords wont do much damage to monsters that have specialize in that specific element. The best you could do now is just ignore her only you can get a better sword. You felt the plant-girl's red eyes glare your direction in disappointment as she continued her phony struggle, but you dare not give her any eye contact. Just leave that venus guy-trap to the next sucker.

The rest of the path was pretty clear. Not a single monster in sight. Either it was a bad season for them or other more experienced hunters got to them first. Either way, it made the trek to the port much easier.
It wasnt a long walk to the port, anyways. The lighthouse on the hill guided the way.
The port consisted of a small bazaar in the streets selling several kinds of important goods acquired from the trade ships at the dock. The bazaar had a wide range of goods to sell ranging from imported fruits & vegetables, exotic foods, herbal medicines, jewelry, even special repellent sprays to keep monsters in heat away.

As expected, there were loads of fellow adventurers crowing the port, set out to accomplish the same goal as you. There was a wide variety of them, too. Males and females, big and small, fat and skinny, while most looked to be in their late 20s-early 30s, there were some as young as 7 or 8 and as old as 70 or 80! This was a highly competitive job, but only the best can get anywhere with it.
Focused with your mission, you ignored all the others and made your way to the big fancy armory shop. The ONLY armory that sells actually steel weaponry within hundreds of miles! You couldnt buy a lot, cuz you'd still need some cash left over to rent a boat.

The armory had a huge selection on display. Heavy armor, sturdy helmets, sharp axes, fierce hammers, crossbows, the works. Unfortunately, you've only been training thoroughly to use a sword, so a sword would be your best bet. However, the section that displays it's legendary killing blades was empty! No sword in sight.
Curious, you head to the cash register to inquire to the big bulky bald cashier casually reading his newspaper.

"How can I help ya?" he asked in a thick, broad, attentive voice.
"I wish to buy one of your swords," you explained, "and I dont see any of them on display."
"Sorry kid. We're sold out of 'em."
"!!!" The words struck you like a... sword! "YOURE OUT OF SWORDS?!!"
"Yep, theyre in high demand," he casually explained, ignoring your freak out, "sold out the last one about 3 hours ago." DAMNIT!! TOO LATE!! If only you had gotten up much earlier. Like the crack of dawn, maybe. "We still got a lot of the other stuff if youre interested. Got plenty o' crossbows we need to get rid of."

You lowered your head in shame. Swords were practically the only weapon you spent most of your life training to master! You dont really know how to use anything else! Why couldnt you have trained to use various weapons?! You sighed hard, pondering what you should do.

*DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!*

Suddenly, the port's alarm bell rang!

"MONSTER ATTACK!!! EVERYONE GET TO SHELTER!!" shouted someone outside. You could hear screaming, blades clinging and loud fast footsteps as villagers and fake 'heroes' ran for cover to avoid the upcoming monster raid!
"Barricade the doors!" the manager ordered his employees.
"Yes sir!" they blocked both the doors with heavy suits of armor as their boss locked the bars on the windows! After securing the armory, the employees whipped out their trusty crossbows while the big man behind the counter reached for his silver warhammer... JUST in case!

The port was under attack. Serious business. And the worst time in the world to be without a proper blade! If those beasts trash the port, you wont be able to leave the island! And your dream of defeating the Witch Queen will come to a sudden halt.

"How many of them are there?" the big man behind the counter asked.
An employee through the window and squinted his eyes, "Er... just one."
"Just one?!" the big man raised his eyebrow in disbelief.

"Yeah... and it looks like she took out about a dozen adventurers!" DOZEN adventurers?! "Holy crap... she's staring down Captain Carpenter!"

Sparked your curiosity. You looked through one of the windows to see two figures staring down eachother in the middle of a pileof fallen barely conscious adventurers. To the right, you saw a grizzled grey haired, slightly built (for someone his age) and battle scarred sea captain showing no fear as he smoked his pipe. Facing him was a figure nearly completely covered in a black cloak and cowl, wielding two long exotic-looking blades, one in each hand, stained with fresh blood from their victims. Most of her was covered, but part of her head showing looked human, with black hair with little red streaks, and silver eyes with black slanted pupils. her long-nailed hands had shiny silver scales and you could see a long scaley silver tail sticking out the back of her cloak!

"H...H...HOLY CRAP," you whispered in horror, "IS THAT.... A DRAGON?!"

"Captain Nathaniel Razor Carpenter," she spoke perfect english despite a hint of scottish dialect in her accent, "you stand accused of violating Rule #321 of the New Asun Code of Conduct. Do you or do you not still own idols and artifacts relating to the banned worship of the pagan false god, Zados?" Oh crap. Somebody STILL practicing that strictly outlawed religion?! That's a death wish under New Asun law!

"I am a true blooded follower of Zados's Word," the captain didnt so much as flinch when he answered, "no law has changed that. Nothing will."

"You know the rules," the hooded woman warned, "any and all idols related to Zados worship must be seized and destroyed immediately!"
Captain Carpenter took a puff from his pipe and sighed, "I am sorry, Hera. But I will do no such thing. You cannot ask me to abandoned my principals."
Hera pointed her sword to the pile of fallen fighters, "Take a good look at those around you! These foolish warmbloods couldnt stop me from taking your head! Nothing at this point can save you except for you swallowing your blasphemous pride and doing what youre ordered!"

"You think I'm afraid to die, lizard?" the captain crossed his arms
"Captain, please! Just throw away that stupid doll!" one of his sailors begged.
"You heard your warmblooded servant," Hera spoke, "take it out and burn it. And I will leave you and your precious port be."
But the captain stood his ground and repeated, "I will do no such thing."
"HIIISSSS!!!" Hera actually hissed in anger, "would you rather I burn the rest of this damn port instead?!"

Geez! It looks bad out there! As a self-proclaimed hero, you couldnt just stand there and let Hera kill him and quite possibly burn down the port! You had to do something! Anything!

But you dont have a weapon that can take down a dragon!! And if those fairy tale stories told you anything, dragons are one of the most powerful monsters in existence... second/third only to fallen angels and death machines from the future!
You sweated like crazy thinking what to do.

You have the following choices:

1. Remain hidden and wait it out.

2. Get out there and save the captain!

3. Do neither! Try to sneak out of the port!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Aerodeth (UN: aerodeth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nevelon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1908395-Monster-Girl-Quest/cid/1489433-A-Heros-Only-as-Good-as-his-Weapon