*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. (something else)- Trolls
  2. Lost
  3. The old Gods and the New
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2027122-GoT-Interactive-Story-Competition/cid/1987175-something-else--Trolls
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Community · #2027122
When you're ar the brink of war, what choices do you make? Which road do you take?
This choice: (something else)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

(something else)- Trolls

    by: Dragon is hiding
"Yes?" Laura tapped her foot, impatience getting the best of her as she waited for Steven to tell her. Had they been able to, her eyes could have easily pierced holes into Steven's uncomfortable face.
"Talking about trolls." Steven let out.
"And you didn't tell me?!" Laura almost screeched. "Are you out of your right mind?! Do you have a death wish or something?!" Her voice became louder and shriller with every question that escaped her lips. "I can't believe you." She shook her head, turning away from Steven. "Actually, no. I can't even STAND the sight of your face right now, Steven." She glared at him.
"Hey, Laura," Steven tried to go after his sister. "Laura! Wait up! Don't just storm off. You'll get us even more lost." He regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth. Facepalming, he watched his sister break into a run, the direction from which she thought they had come. "Laura! Look, I'm sorry, okay? I should have listened to you and made those path markers like you said we should have. Please! Come back, or the trolls might take you!"
"You know what Steven?" Laura turned around, squaring herself against her brother. "LET THEM. LET THEM take me! I. Don't. Care. You know very well I'm NOT the reason we're lost. YOU ARE. Now LEAVE ME ALONE!' She stormed off, leaving her brother speechless and wondering whether he should go after her or not. She is my sister. he thought. Going after her would show I care. But on the other hand, not going after her would show her I respect her choice. As he debated his decision, a small light lit up in front of him.
"I can lead you where you want to go." A female voice whispered in his ear. "Just say where and follow my light. You'll be safe with me. No trolls will dare attack you once they find out Clarissa the Pixie is your leader and fearless ally!"
Steven mulled over his choice, wondering if he should take the fairy's offer. Something niggled at the back of his brain, about forest pixies, though he couldn't remember what. If only I could remember! Something about Clarissa just didn't seem right, though for the life of him, he couldn't figure out what.
Then it hit him. "Aren't forest pixies supposed to be at war with humankind?" Steven asked the light.
"Yeah, so? We've been at war with humankind since before my great-great grandfather was born. Nobody even remembers why we're fighting in the first place. It's a little stupid if you ask me." The light flickered in annoyance.
"Don't you have history books?" Steven rolled his eyes. "Forest pixies were mad because a human came and chopped down a tree close to the border. The tree fell across the boundary and the human went to chop it up and bring it back to his home. As he was leaving, forest pixies surrounded him and demand he surrender the wood because it belonged to you guys instead of him, since it landed on your side. Though the contract we signed never stated what would happen under such situations, that had never been a problem before!"
"So that's why you don't want to come with me? Because some textbook said we're bad?" Clarissa scoffed. "Come with me and I'll prove you wrong." she dared.

Word count: 565 *Checkg*

You have the following choices:

1. Steven accepts the dare

2. Steven rejects the dare

3. Laura keeps running until...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Dragon is hiding (UN: flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Finding my way back has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2027122-GoT-Interactive-Story-Competition/cid/1987175-something-else--Trolls