*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Bad Luck
  2. Trick or Treat!
  3. One Spooky Night
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2395180-Bad-Luck
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2136245
You're out trick or treating. However, it turns out they're getting treats.
This choice: Bad Omen House  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Bad Luck

    by: Unknown
The closest house’s lawn seemed to be an unorganized mishmash of various bad omens. You recognized most symbols, such as the ladder, the broken mirrors, the ouija boards.. But there were also quite a few you didn’t recognize, like the pair of shoes, or the fancy pocket knife. You weren’t sure if this was supposed to be ‘scary’, but the three of you did have a nervous chuckle as you had to duck under a ladder on your way to the door. You eagerly ring the doorbell, excited to see what you’ll find on the other side.

You didn’t hear any movement on the other side of the door for a while, and for a moment you assumed the house was empty, until you finally hear the doorknob slowly turn. Instead of opening normally, the door just sort of slid open slowly… so slowly you almost assumed it had just been blown open by the wind, before you said a pair of big, glowing yellow eyes peek at you, with distinctly feline pupils. Just from the position of their eyes, you could tell that they were also about 7 feet tall, which unnerved you somewhat. They didn’t offer you any candy or anything, they just… stared at you from the darkness of their house. “Uh… trick or treat!” You finally announced, nervously, trying to break the silence.

“You walked under my ladder.” A scratchy but distinctly feminine voice replied.

You stood there, blinking. “... what?”

“You walked under my ladder,” she reaches out a hand, with long claws and black fur, pointing at the ladder behind the three of you. “Don’t you know that’s bad luck?” She insists ominously, almost whispering now. “Something terrible might happen now.”

“Heh, yeah…” You chuckled nervously. You figure she was just trying to scare you, though her voice sounded completely serious. Eventually, she pulled the door open entirely, looming over the three of you. She, herself, seemed to be some kind of voluptuous black cat, some of her ‘fur’ somehow glowing yellow, which, in the darkness, gave her the impression of being a skeleton. It was a clever costume, of course, though moderately confusing. Plus, you suspected that the woman might be completely naked, but with her black fur combined with the thick darkness, it was impossible to tell. She seemed to be staring at three of you curiously, as if she had never seen anything like you before. Apparently, you were just as fascinating to her as she was to you. Her ‘costume’ seemed to be just as expensive as the tiger woman you met earlier. You wondered if there was some kind of store just for these weird animal costumes. Was the height part of the costume? “... trick or treat?” You repeated, waiting for her to offer up some candy.

“Yes. Yes, I have treats!” She said, her ears perking up as if you had reminded her. She had a very strong accent of some sort, as if English wasn’t her first language. “Cookies! Very, very cookies I have prepared all month!” She rushes away excitedly, disappearing into the darkness. “I will be back!” You and your friends were left alone again, staring into the darkness of the woman’s house.

“We should leave,” Kevin whispered, nervously, the second she left.

“What? Why?”

“She’s… weird. I think she’s up to something.”

“She seems to be from out of country. Maybe this is her first Halloween,” you whisper. “Besides, she made cookies. How could we turn that down?” Just as you finished your conversation, the cat returned. The tray of cookies in her hands seemed completely fresh, despite her insistence that she’s been working on it all month. The cookies were still fresh, warm and soggy. They looked sort of like simple chocolate chip cookies, but… black, for some reason? You had never really seen anything like them before.

“Cookies! Take one! Be careful!” She says, holding them eagerly out in front of you. The three of you reluctantly take a cookie each off the tray, about to put them in your pillowcases. “Don’t put them in your bags! Eat them while they are still hot!” She insists, staring at you in anticipation. You.. weren’t sure if this was the best idea, but really, what’s the worst that could happen?

The three of you look at each other nervously, before biting from your cookies all at once.

Exactly what happens next depends on random chance. For your sake, here’s hoping you get lucky...

You have the following choices:

1. Random Chance

2. Random Chance

3. Random Chance

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
nobody495 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2395180-Bad-Luck