*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329281-Cauldron
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2329281
Magic is best left to professionals.
"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble," Marie chanted as she stirred.

"That's not a cauldron!" Jack protested.

"Close enough, did you get the worms and frog legs?"

He nodded and passed them up to his sister as she sat on the counter next to the stove. "What is this potion supposed to do?"

"It's 'posed to make mommy agree to keeping the puppy." Marie dropped the worms and frog legs in with the herbs and spices she had already added. She checked the spell book on her other side.

"What are you two up to?" Their mother asked entering the kitchen from the garden.

Marie slammed the spell book closed so hard that it moaned in discomfort. Her mother took things in and stepped up to the pot. She stuck a finger in the potion and tasted it. "You forgot the eye of newt. But you really didn't need to go to all of this trouble. Your father and I discussed things last night and we decided the puppy could stay. He thinks it might be a familiar to one of you."

Marie clapped and hopped down from the counter. Her mother sighed, "Now kids, let's go pour this over the compost pile and see what grows."



226 words



LinkTextHere
© Copyright 2024 Spooky Striped Sox (rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329281-Cauldron