*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The First Arena Fighters
  2. Prologue
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/161571-The-Grand-Arena/cid/55619-The-First-Arena-Fighters
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #161571
Thirteen warriors, only one Champion
This choice: 1st Arena Character  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The First Arena Fighters

    by: .Wolfie.
Ryan shoved the thoughts from his mind and stood up. He needed to check the battle roster to see where he would be, but it didn't really matter that much to him. The killing would start soon. He had almost separated himself from battles, making it a duty. He took no pleasure in it, only did what was necessary to get out. Tyger though, she scared him. She scared him because he recognized her from years ago, before he had changed, before he had left Harac. But that was another story, and one he tried to block out.
He picked up his sword on his way out, not even bothering to close the door.

Tyger strode away from Shalar, angry that she had let him get to her like that. It was true what she'd said. Ryan was a Catalyst, just like the man who'd murdered the rest of her clan. But she had killed him long ago, and soon she would kill Ryan as well.
She rested a clawed hand lightly on the hilt of one of her dirks. She had to win this. She would prove that she was the best, and no one, not Shalar and not Ryan, was going to get in her way.
'Besides.' she thought with a smirk. 'If they try, then I will simply kill them.'

Siph stared at the floor as he walked toward the roster posts. I got Ressek into this, whether I like it or not. I suppose I'll be the one to get him out. As he reached the rosters, he noticed Ryan standing beside him. So many in this fight against their will. Ryan, David, Ressek, Krath...If- no when I defeat Calarith, I'll have them all released. Siph sighed. But that means they must survive the fighting. And with so many determined to kill each other, that's a real problem.

Elise walked back up the stone steps towards the main level. She couldn't shake her anger at Raven, and in part, didn't want to. The little dragonette had caused her a lot of pain and heartache, while she wasn't even sure if he had meant to or not.
It had been only a few years ago, back when she had been but a girl. He had lured her out into the field, squawking excitedly. She had thought she was needed, or that he'd found something.
In truth he had: slavers. They had taken both her and Raven, and she blamed the dragonette for it all. But now was her chance to escape. She would win her match, and in the end, he would die.

Raven stirred excitedly in his cell. The orderlies beyond his bars were holding keys, and that meant food. Then he remembered- the fights begin today. He would have to fight his food, hunt it down and kill it, before he could taste its blood, its flesh.
He stopped pacing and squawked excitedly at the orderlies, who paused in their work to regard him warily.
"That one's gonna be a real fun fight to watch," commented one dryly.
"Fun? It's gonna be a bloodbath, you mark my words. I don't think even Krath is going to stand up to him for very long..." The other orderly chuckled. "Then again, that's not saying much..."

You have the following choices:

1. Follow Ryan's story

2. Follow Tyger's story

3. Follow Siph's story

4. Follow Elise's story

5. Follow Raven's story

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 .Wolfie. (UN: wolfie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
.Wolfie. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/161571-The-Grand-Arena/cid/55619-The-First-Arena-Fighters